My nq price action method

Discussion in 'Journals' started by slugar, Sep 1, 2013.

1. cmb

cmb Guest

Slugar, when you posted thursday chart on the SON thread, was it a 500 tick chart?

#241     Dec 7, 2013
  2. slugar

slugar

yes I prefer tick charts because you will not get the long bars and to me the price action is smoother

#242     Dec 7, 2013
  3. cmb

cmb Guest

haha ok, I was wondering why all of my 1 minute bars looked different. I meant to ask u about that yesterday but forgot about it.

#243     Dec 7, 2013
  4. slugar

slugar

the retracements and lines should still be the same I just prefer them so if no trading is going on you get less bars or candles

#244     Dec 7, 2013
  5. Handle123

Handle123

3 minute chart, I only use one minute on ES and CL

#245     Dec 8, 2013
  6. slugar

slugar

Mondays action on the nq with a 330 tick chart. pretty choppy but chances to make money if you follow the rules!

#246     Dec 9, 2013
  7. slugar

slugar

Here is the chart for the nq today, lots of chances to make money following the supply and demand lines I also marked all the swing highs and lows to make finding the trades easier

#247     Dec 17, 2013
  8. Gringo

Gringo

Slugar,

Your SL/DL lines are not consistent with the entries. There has to be a break before a retracement can be considered.

The second long around 60-61 is a bit tricky to understand even in hindsight. How do you see it as a viable entry, even though it's the lowest point of the day? What made you consider it an entry spot for a long, and how does one recognize it in RT?

Entries are marked on the chart before the DL/SL break. That means either your entries are early, or your SL/DL need to be tighter. Which do you think you prefer and why?

Gringo

#248     Dec 17, 2013
  9. slugar

slugar

Gringo, my supply line on the first long should have been drawn tighter the second long the market couldn't make a lower low so I marked it. My mistake is in the short around 1226 because we were clearly in an uptrend and since we made another higher low I marked the long.supply and demand lines are only a part of the plan I also like to use swing highs and lows to gauge supply and demand. Thanks for asking gringo

#249     Dec 17, 2013
  10. slugar

slugar

The short at around 940 was clearly a lower swing high and a failure at the high

#250     Dec 17, 2013