My nq price action method

Discussion in 'Journals' started by slugar, Sep 1, 2013.

1. slugar

slugar

Starting to build trust in myself once again. The main thing I'm learning is that in a trading session there lot's of trades to be made and this for me any way makes it a lot easier to take a small loss or 2 knowing if I protect my capital and follow my rules then I live to trade another day!

#1151     Oct 14, 2015
    damnpenguins likes this.
  2. k p

k p

Amen to that slugar! Plus, once you're out of a losing trade, it makes it easier to re-evaluate properly from the sidelines. Even if you got out too soon and have to get in again in the same direction, its ok if the loss is small. But perhaps the small loss lets you see your initial direction was wrong, and instead of sitting through a bigger loss, you can actually be planning your next trade in the opposite direction now. The worst feeling is being in a long, losing money, and wishing you were actually short, and yet you can't be short since you're still long and praying! LOL

#1152     Oct 14, 2015
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Be mindful - it only takes 1 aw shit - to start (begin the crap) all over

Every trade Slugar..., every damn one of them

RN

#1153     Oct 14, 2015
    damnpenguins, slugar and jas_in_hbca like this.
  4. Redneck

Redneck

Days like this - I catch up on my reading / thumb twiddling

RN

upload_2015-10-15_13-24-0.png

#1154     Oct 15, 2015
    damnpenguins, zbestoch and dartmus like this.
  5. Redneck

Redneck

Little lesson on objectivity...,

or..., How the mkt fucks every one but the detached ones

Shorts:

Saw price was not breaking out

Got short.., used the top of the range breach as their stop
    ===================

Longs:

Used a buy stop to enter - if price B/O

The mkt

Pushed price up, breaking it out

Collected the Shorts' stops (which pushed price up)

Sold into the Long's buy stops (Long's buy stops push price up)

Then pushed price down to get their (long's) stops

Screw em all - give me the money!!!!!

I simply love this game..., love it.., love it.., love it

Be an observer..., exploiter..., never a participant

RN

upload_2015-10-15_15-11-58.png

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    #1155     Oct 15, 2015
    damnpenguins, zbestoch and dartmus like this.
  6. dartmus

dartmus

You still haven't determined specific criteria for entry and exit. Wouldn't you like to know before next week or next month which trades you will take and what their results will b on average over the course of 10 trades? I could b wrong but I think slugar has already done that.

Will you ever get it? You can't get what you want until you work out these odds. Your trading, both real and sim are one of 2 reasons you don't have time to work this out. The other is you mistakenly believe your probing questions can acquire this.

And the reason you can't let go of these 2 habits is you don't believe it's possible to take a few simple rudimentary ideas available in the public domain and make them work ...probably because you think there's too many that don't work and you just want to make sure you're on the right track before you waste time trying too hard. When the truth is trying is one of the ways to eliminate what doesn't work.

Your 3rd habit keeping you from progressing is you truly enjoy your time spent replying to notes like this thus instead of dwelling silently on what someone recommends you burn more time uselessly, unless it leads to someone revealing some clue you feel you need but I just explained that doesn't work, it's a losing strategy, and I'm not interested in your replies. I want to see you succeed. Do that. Please don't reply to this.

#1156     Oct 15, 2015
  7. dartmus

dartmus

Awesome summary. There's an extremely low risk / xtrmly high reward strategy embedded within what you said.

#1157     Oct 15, 2015
    NoDoji, zbestoch and Redneck like this.
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Just for you Slugar

RN

#1158     Oct 15, 2015
    slugar likes this.
  9. slugar

slugar

What RN is referring to is I forced some trades this afternoon after following my plan to the letter yesterday

#1159     Oct 15, 2015
    zbestoch and dartmus like this.
  10. Redneck

Redneck

And the session before that

RN

#1160     Oct 15, 2015
    slugar likes this.