My nq price action method

Discussion in 'Journals' started by slugar, Sep 1, 2013.

1. slugar

slugar

area's of interest for tomorrow

#1141     Oct 6, 2015
  2. Redneck

Redneck

I'm actually not - we've had some very poignant conversations

It fortunate (or unfortunate depending how you look at it) we don't live close to each other

I get..., that you don't buy into the mental side of trading much

But if one has all the pieces - yet can't throttle the person behind the mouse

What's remaining..., but the person behind the mouse

I went through the same shit - and my approach is the same now..., as it was then

I however..., am much different

And so too will Slugar be

RN

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    #1142     Oct 6, 2015
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Do not get ahead of yourself..., or price - stay on price's ass

Remember to keep your context in lock step (updated)

Then trade within that context

RN

#1143     Oct 6, 2015
  4. Handle123

Handle123

I didn't say I don't believe people have trouble overcoming mental aspects due to their life of past losses and not all of them due to trading, but I don't believe much of they can overcome what you read in a book, I think women can, but much less so with men. Let's face it, men believe we are smarter than average bear and will even lie to ourselves that we don't have any problems. I think hypnosis and shock treatments are best to make changes. I still go 2-4 times a year for hypnosis. And pain of losses has made me dumb and dumber.

#1144     Oct 7, 2015
  5. slugar

slugar

overall very happy with today, a little nervous early but late morning through the close I did a good job following my method

#1145     Oct 7, 2015
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Day 1- of the rest of your career

Ya done good - now..., you gotta do good tomorrow - and every day henceforth

One step at a time Slugar - you take care of this trade - right here..., right now

Bigger picture..., along with everything else - will fall into place and take care of its self

Trust is not built in a day - takes time..., takes repetition

=====================

And as always (feel free to repeat after me ;) )

discipline..., patience..., routine

And to hell with the results

Good Job Sir

RN

#1146     Oct 7, 2015
  7. Handle123

Handle123

RN, you not part time brain surgeon are you? ;)

#1147     Oct 8, 2015
    Redneck likes this.
  8. Handle123

Handle123

I love days like today cause trend traders will be getting screwed cause they lack the education to identify MEGAPHONES. Actually had 3 of them today in ES, I have only seen like 1 other one in past ten years. So when you see higher pivot highs and alternating with lower pivot lows, that is a MEGAPHONE, If you just trade trend trades=stand aside and it you know how to trade counter trend, you dink out smaller profits. Pretty tough to make a killing with 6.50 point range but I average down and do very well. But unless you are well funded and have practiced like 1,000 trades and breath your rules, do not average down as almost all get slaughtered and lose accounts, what some can do is add one when at minus 4 tics and then you are risking point less and target point more. I intentionally leave out where I get in to force all to do some work and backtest.

#1148     Oct 12, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  9. slugar

slugar

Trading on demo tomorrow. My only goal for the day is to follow my method and not be concerned about the results! Actually get to trade Thursday also.

#1149     Oct 13, 2015
  10. Redneck

Redneck

Music to my ever lovin ears (actually eyes since obviously I can't hear these typed out words - duh)

====================

Focus on..., taking care of each trade - the rest will work itself out

There trust to be built

:)

RN

#1150     Oct 13, 2015