My nq price action method

Discussion in 'Journals' started by slugar, Sep 1, 2013.

1. slugar

slugar

I think the answer would be the mid point of the zone or range

#101     Sep 17, 2013
  2. slugar

slugar

I saw several chances where the market gives us a second chance to buy today on the 2 minute nq!

#102     Sep 17, 2013
  3. Handle123

Handle123

Excellent areas waiting for retracement back to EMA. I believe the heaviest of volume comes in for me first 40 minutes of day session and last 2 hours. But last 2 hours have to be traded a bit different than first forty minutes. Often times the low or high of the day occurs in first hour, and sometimes both. I have to settle for smaller targets in afternoon as much more chop in PM session. Experienced traders knows that those that lost in morning going to try to get to even in PM, so many more false moves, and can always expect the high/low of the day to be broken by a few ticks just to hit the stops.

I have always found volume to be much more used trading stocks, but in Indexes much less so. Only times it tested out well for me is when there is divergence between volume and price. Prices going lower and volume declining, I always expect reversal. Like in Market profile, the ends normally have least volume.

#103     Sep 17, 2013
  4. niko

niko

Why are u using an MA?

#104     Sep 17, 2013
  5. slugar

slugar

I use it as a guide and price seems to respect it.

#105     Sep 18, 2013
  6. slugar

slugar

early morning hinge

#106     Sep 18, 2013
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

A guide to what? And in what way does price "respect" it?

#107     Sep 18, 2013
  8. slugar

slugar

If I remember correctly it acts as a trend line but no trading decisions come from trend lines unless its at support or resistance

#108     Sep 18, 2013
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

In what way does it act as a trend line?

#109     Sep 18, 2013
  10. slugar

slugar

It acts as a moving trend line

#110     Sep 18, 2013