My next step

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Sky123987, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Hi,

I've been into the trading game just shy of a couple of years. Throughout these years I've been very interested in programming, starting learning Tradestation's easy language then to ninja trader's ninja script, to open quant, then to developing my own C++ applications for IB & Genesis.

It took some time constantly updating / changing in order to become profitable.

I'm currently quite happy with my 3 systems that I have, and I'm at the point where I've done all that I can to my systems in order to make the more profitable. I never thought I'd get to this point, but from here on in, I'm leaving them alone.

Therefore...I started searching for more strategies, I've explored tape reading / breakouts & more. I've grinded the data as hard as I can grind, but must say I cannot find another edge.

I'm looking at what to do next. Not sure which road I want to take, (that's why I'm posting) but I was wondering perhaps if someone would like to team up. I'm good at programming familiar w/ all the API lingo, and was wondering if someone wanted help programming a complex strategy. Or someone had a good idea but didn't know if it were profitable enough to trade. I've designed several backtesters (if need be). and since I designed it, I have to able to customize all I like. I have a collection of a variety of data sources I can use including "other instruments", VIX, S&P, even news & more. I've created something in order to replicate real time fills for Lmt orders. I can test tick data w/ level 2 / DOB.

Or perhaps I'm looking for a trading firm that offers ideas for strategies, or is perhaps looking for help w/ strategies as I have found several "smaller edges" w/ in probably all strategies that can increase the expectancy of a strategy.

Any ideas / options would on what I could do would be helpful

Thanks