My New, Simplified Plan For Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Good laundry tips on how to keep your whites clean and radiant, and removing blood stains from white cotton?

#41     Oct 22, 2006
  2. You're absolutely right that responsible criticism of the evident failure of our Iraq policy is not equivalent to wanting failure. Take me as an example. I have severely criticized the policy repeatedly, but I would like to see us emerge victorious, if chastened. I don't believe all Democrats want to see us leave Iraq with our tail between our legs, but there are plenty that do and they are not limited to the moonbats on DailyKos or Huffington.

I don't want to minimize the tactical difficulty the Democrats face. Clearly Iraq is their best issue, even though they don't have a clue what to do themselves. So they need to harp on the problems in Iraq, but too much harping begins to sound like undermining the troops. I have given examples of statements by their leaders that to me crossed the line.

Perhaps I am sensitive to their attitude because I vividly recall how they undermined Nixon's efforts to deal with the Vietnam mess, and I remember how they undermined Reagan's battle against communist takeovers in Latin America.

I don't see how throwing out the Republican congress solves the problem. A large majority of Democrats also voted to approve the war. Bush and his administration are responsible for planning and executing the war and occupation, but they are not on the ballot. If the Democrats in congress had a better plan and the Republicans were blocking it, I could see voting them out, but I haven't heard anything constructive from the Democrats. Given their history and their statements, I think they would likely make things worse, not better.

#42     Oct 23, 2006
  3. chastened, but victorious... yeah right... like rummie is sooo known for his natural sense of humility, right!?! :D how about a couple more bricks in the teeth instead? until u guys are ready to bend over to NATO that is, and replace yr muppet of a prez...

#43     Oct 23, 2006
  4. AAA,

You sound like a mother who just found out that her son is a failure.

It is just "I told you so..." that you are hearing... and you know that your boy has been a dismal failure.

The policy pursued by the kleptocratic repugniklans has been a failure and it is time to clean house.

#44     Oct 23, 2006