My new constitution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Nov 8, 2012.

1. ^this

#31     Nov 9, 2012
  2. '... We can become a nation of individuals while saying to the other guy, F you, you're on your own..."

Fails to recognize... THAT'S WHAT MADE AMERICA GREAT! "Thrive or fail based upon your own efforts... GO BIG IF YOU CAN... ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING".. that mind-set built the world's greatest economic powerhouse in an environment of relative political freedom.

#32     Nov 9, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Everyone should contribute all that they can, yes, "from each according to his ability", but what really made America great is teamwork. Capital is useless without labor, and labor is useless without capital.

#33     Nov 9, 2012
  4. America was and is a team effort. All the monied up risk takers in the world don't grow shit without employee's doing the work.

#34     Nov 9, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Wow, welcome back, Cap'n!

#35     Nov 9, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I know you're not angry, and I respect what you're trying to explain to me. What I'm telling you is I no longer give a damn. At all. I am as I type this readjusting my financials to scale out the US and focus internationally (selectively, as some places are more liberal than this joint). I no longer give a shit about the US population. We're done. It's over. You just can't argue with the math.

#36     Nov 9, 2012
  7. I've never moved from this postion. Do I think risk takers should get the lions share of the profits? You bet. But they must reward and acknowledge their employees that helped make them so successful. Then we all prosper together. It's no more complicated than that.

#37     Nov 9, 2012
  8. So tell me again what do I deserve?

#38     Nov 9, 2012
  9. OK. I'm only trying to say you may be making very permanent decisions based on what may be a temporary problem. May be temporary. Who knows, maybe it's too late.
    I certainly respect your right to live your life anyway you see fit, and I as stated yesterday, I wish you well.

#39     Nov 9, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

A fair shot.

#40     Nov 9, 2012