My new career: I started marketing my trading system

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Aquarians, Apr 14, 2022.

1. easymon1

easymon1

Where did you find information to evaluate the system?

#31     May 31, 2022
    MACD likes this.
  2. 100% of public trading systems are completely bogus.
    When will people realize this and have common sense that you cannot sell a working, infinite, ATM machine to everyone for a small fee?

The one exception to this rule are the very private trading firms who truly do have a consistent, working, system for themselves that cranks out a fixed 60% for themselves every year. I watched this documentary years back of a small, private, New Jersey firm that produces consistent return. The system day trades huge volumes.

#32     Jun 11, 2022
  3. schizo

schizo

LOL, good one. :D

#33     Jun 11, 2022
  4. schizo

schizo

Last time I heard, Rentech is located somewhere in California, and it ain't "small".

#34     Jun 11, 2022
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Although it started in Cali and I believe they still might do some research there they've been Long Island based for a long time.

#35     Jun 11, 2022
  6. When will people realize and have common sense that A VALID TRADING SYSTEM system is not just equal and limited to a working, infinite, money printing machine?

Stupid "people" expect two unrealistic things:

1) Arbitrage systems. Which are by definition those systems where you can't lose and make consistent wins.
    2) Huge, zvadruple dollar returns. Forget 5% per year, they want 500x (50,000%). Put $1000, grow to a million in a year.

In reality, things are like this:

1) Not all trading systems are born equal. Between those #1 arbitrage systems that spit 35% per year consistently and complete total crap where you lose your life savings, house, pension and bank deposits - there is a lot of room to sell something PUBLICLY.
    2) 5% per year consistently and determinstically, with little to no restriction to the amount of capital is a pension's fund wet dream.
    3) Tell them they get 10% and ARBITRAGE (cannot lose) and you get what I'm ultimately selling.

Yeah, I have that system but I can't directly sell to Allianz. Or maybe I can, wtf.

The idea behind my starting a retail business in selling trading advice is "build my way up to the top". The financial system has a big "cry wolf" problem ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Cried_Wolf ). There's so many false profets preaching in public square that if you have an actual working system (5-10% per year arbitrage), you can't sell it. You can trade it and make 10% per year for a few years until "they" figure it out and steal it from you - that won't make you rich and the "track record" mantra is for retards without skill and connections.

Fuck this retail stupid shit, I'm using my connections and going straight for the top (of Allianz).

#36     Jun 12, 2022
  7. Being a generally intelligent NI (natural intelligence), I understand my frame of reference. I'll draw it out for you, see below. What I do and how I do it rests upon the deep desire to win the rat race while at the same time understanding my limitations and working around them.

generally_intelligent_NI.jpeg

#37     Jun 12, 2022
  8. Millionaire

Millionaire

Intelligence has little do with trading success.

"If intelligence were the key, there would be a lot more people making money trading" - Trader Vic

#38     Jun 12, 2022
    Collagen, comagnum and SunTrader like this.
  9. Und das ist mein kreig.

mywar.jpeg

#39     Jun 12, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  10. That statement is so, very, true.
    I personally consider myself dumb, or very average, at least in the classical academic school/exam sense.

There is this common misconception that all trading successes and/or wall st types...have Super IQ's. And they come from a magical lineage. And that everyone else shouldn't bother, because they will fail. Nothing but snobbery and vanity and elitists and egos.

If intelligence, alone, was a key determining factor in trading/investing success....there would be so many millionaires all over the place. But they are very, very, relatively limited.

I'd personally equate trading success....to not following the crowd. Not getting hooked, baited, to buy courses from all those salesmen left and right across social media. Social media and humanity in general are 99.2% nonsense, bs and hype and poison.

You have to find your own, independent, way of observing things, noticing things, understanding things, applying things.
    Develop your own approach and vision.
    Instead of being taught to pray to God by everyone in society....if praying to a blue rubber duck makes you feel happy and confident in life, pray to that blue rubber duck.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    #40     Jun 12, 2022
    MACD, expiated and schizo like this.