My money on IB disappeared

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by kiev, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 15 comments.....and already bashing a company. Yes, something is not right here.

I wish IB sues you for libel and lawyer fees wipe out your account.

1500 gone....LOL.....whatever.

I had IB, and I didn't like them but they never "stole" from me.

And you post a comment instead of calling the regulatory agencies...

now get a lawyer, take proper action, and sue them!!!

Oh yea...you won't..

you will just do endless comments......LOL

let's see....someone steals 1500 from me....do I

a) call the police
    b) log-on to ET and complain

FAIL

#11     Mar 25, 2013
  2. Forget TWS for now:

(1) Open Account Management on the web
    (2) Print out daily statements for the days in question
    (3) See what trades and transfers contributed on each day to the change in account value

Tell us which trade or transfer is wrong.

#12     Mar 25, 2013
  3. I saw a thread and just wanted to share my experience. Some years ago (maybe 4-5) I was trading an account in medium 6 figures. I was quite aggressive back then with size of positions was big as well as price swings I was tolerating.
    One day in the morning I saw that my account was up for about EUR 15k. I spent a moment to think what to do (as it was clearly some sort of software glitch and maybe it would have gone unnoticed overall) and being honest person decided to inform IB.
    I cannot recall exactly how it was handled, but I remember some slight annoyance with CS (as we all know, they SOMETIMES are not the brightest ones), as for me I was performing honest act etc. Anyway, after reviewing the situation, my account was corrected and was now 9k DOWN. They showed me where the mistake was originated (some 2-3 months ago from the date) and I double-checked to find out that they were right of course.
    I never know what would or wouldn't have happened if I wouldn't raise the issue.
    So things like could happen and the only way to be sure what is right is to check all your transactions.

#13     Mar 25, 2013
  4. first post and you just registered today???...nice try Kiev

#14     Mar 25, 2013
  5. Bob111

Bob111

without knowing what you hold,in what currency-it's pointless to discuss the issue. could be number of things. you hold something and IB 'estimating' it's value inaccurately(again-because of number of factors (such as low liquidity\high spread for example) and this is why your 'total value' might fluctuate. as been said-don't look into TWS-look into EOD statements on account.

#15     Mar 25, 2013
  6. money doesn't just disappear in brokerage accounts.

audit trails are very detailed.

(unless of course you had money with mfglobal)

#16     Mar 25, 2013
  7. what are the few positions? stocks? futures? forex?

#17     Mar 25, 2013
  8. Bob111

Bob111

i throw you another example. on screenshot you can see 10 bonds of shitty ALLY bank.. unrealized PnL on account window is 363, in TWS quote window +184. note that they are different. same column,same column name,but values are different.
    and account total value will be greater by 363 or whatever,but it's just ESTIMATED value(probably based on last price). as you can see- spread is pretty big and one one trading it. good luck selling it at 101 or greater. ESTIMATED
    now-if you hold cash for example in USD and all of sudden instead 10000 you have 9500 and no positions or trades been made-then you have problem.

#18     Mar 25, 2013
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Other day, I'z ridin' my bicycle.
    I rode purdy far out along a highway and I had a little flat.
    Then, I thought about IB.
    Them folks had always treated me right and worked with me on everything I ever asked of them.
    So, I says to myself....I got my little cell phone here.
    All I gots to do is give IB a buzz.
    They'll take care of me...come out and give me a lift back to the house...no problem.
    I get one of them CS folks on the line and started explainin'.
    Ya know...that dude started laughing right in my ear.
    Well, I could see I was gettin' nowhere fast, so I hung up.
    These damn brokers.
    Seems like you just can't trust 'em anymore.

LOL

(But seriously folks: www.interactivebrokers.com: no better place to be!)

#19     Mar 25, 2013
  10. I'm a long time satisfied customer

but that doesn't mean you shouldn't bitch publicly if there is a problem

they need to hear it

one morning I had a problem with my account window and CS was about worthless, so I started bitching on ET

another poster told me to stop whining, he had an account at ib, and it was really important for him to feel good about them, and my posts were making him feel bad

there is an excellent person over there named Robin. Get in touch with her. If there is a problem, she is not satisfied until you are satisfied.

#20     Mar 25, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.