My method of common sense

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trade4succes, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Unfortunately i gotta go, fast.

I'll post a screenshot tomorrow.

regards

#11     Dec 4, 2002
  2. TGregg

TGregg

You can get medicine over the counter for that :D.

#12     Dec 4, 2002
  3. Here's the screenshot i promised.

I gotta tell you that i experienced that this method doesn't appear to work for me. Even not good enough to explore it any further.

So I decided to ditch in the dumpster.

Thanx for the interest and i hope it may have provided a little inspiration for other traders (for instance what doesn't work!).

results for me have been like 50 times 1 tick loss versus 4 times 5 points profit. Not to mention the trading fees!

rgds

• esx.gif
      File size:
      68.7 KB
      Views:
    #13     Dec 5, 2002
  4. Yeah... that's a bad trade...

Another thing is what the hell's common sense...

Look at it this way... if common sense does exist and obviously it's what we all hold because it's common, everyone would be making money.

There is common sense in the market but it's not very common in who has it...

#14     Dec 5, 2002
  5. Your stop loss is way too tight and your common sense theory is completely nonesense ;)
    You gotta rethink your strategy here.

#15     Dec 5, 2002
  6. I don't even know WHY this was a bad setup (nor good). well, ignorance doesn't pay.

could you plse explain why this was a bad setup? Man, this esx makes me crazy, i thought i was a good trader (scalper), untill i started trading this vehicle. Never paid attention to any technicals before though, just traded the bid/ask spread.. I should go back to that

#16     Dec 5, 2002
  7. If your method is based on common sense, then you don't need your costly CQG.

At the beginning of each month, you will already be up 600USD (not a bad first trade!) .

#17     Dec 5, 2002
  8. Your stop is way too tight, you will get hit almost instantly every trade.

#18     Dec 5, 2002
  9. right, so i might make money when i loosen my stop?

#19     Dec 5, 2002
  10. Really ? commen sense is not so common in trading :D

>Yes, I found my method of common sense

#20     Dec 5, 2002