My Merger Arbitrage Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mergerpie, Feb 8, 2018.

1. I was in NXPI early..sold too early with too little stake

#21     Feb 8, 2018
  2. any insights about Bunge? I hope ADM can succeed and Bunge will not be too greedy... ADM wanted to expand in South America and Asia and Bunge can give them that...

#22     Feb 8, 2018
  3. truetype

truetype

If the buyer collapses, the cash deal won't consummate. Not hard to understand.

#23     Feb 9, 2018
  4. Closed out my JUNO short puts to increase my portfolio margin... some movement in BIVV put options priced me out of closing... curiously JUNO $30 Mar 18 Puts are didn't spike up in price but BIVV $100 Jul 18 Puts spiked from $1.20 to $1.75 yesterday with underlying little changed... volatility spike?

Market was up big but my merger arb stocks didn't respond sadly... wanted to buy more Monsanto.

#24     Feb 9, 2018
  5. i closed all my JUNO and BIVV short puts options to concentrate on MON... Now left with Mar $30 short AKRX puts, MON, TWX and BG. A little bit worried about BG as there is still no indication if the negotiations are successful for a merger but my position is not very big.

#25     Feb 13, 2018
  6. closed out BG with a loss as well.. with the bad results and conference call by BG, sounds like they are not trying to sell the entire company.