My longshot is

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Oh and $COST the Syngas 200 shares seems to really move the stock.

SYNGAS INTL CORP COM (SYNI: OTC BB)
    Last Price Today's Change Bid (Size) Ask (Size) Volume Trade
    0.28 +0.0275 (+10.89%) 0.28 x5,000 0.35 x5,000 200

#71     Mar 23, 2007
  2. This one is more risky than a penny stock, which only goes to prove my argument that all stocks carry risk. But I digress. ANX has some juice going for some reason. Volume has been up and so has the PPS. This one has been beat down and has had several pump and dumps in the past. That's a good thing. Why? Because that's where the action is, that's why.
    See if it holds up this morning after yesterdays run. Currently @2.31 and will have a tough time getting through the 2.50 area. Not in, but on my radar. Should be on yours too, if you're a longshot player. Careful, as always.

#72     Mar 23, 2007
  3. Good-bye SWEB, hello ANX. Lets roll!

#73     Mar 23, 2007
  4. I know too much dirt about this company to touch it but looks very tempting. Was thinking about it when it was 20 cents and cooling off from its last pump & dump. I guess I thought too much.

It seems to run on hype & rumor alone, these guys been doing it for years.

XSNX is another one to watch who does the same. Been mentioned here before.

#74     Mar 23, 2007
  5. topdown

topdown

Thanks Hydro - I do respect your opinion as you seem to have the inside scoop on all these solar plays. That said, the hype is working for me. Sold 1/2 my position for a nice 20% gain and plan on holding the other half 'till earnings release next Friday (3/30). They also seem to have a proclivity to sling the BS at every earnings release.

Sometimes it's as bad to know too much about a company as it is not to know absolutely nothing.:eek:

#75     Mar 23, 2007
  6. No doubt, like I said, I thought too much. I kinda suspected these guys getting ready for another pump, I was thinking about it, just never pulled the trigger. With my current broker, I can't even trade OTCBBs, so I'm outta luck anyway, at least for the time being.

The only advice about the solar installers I can say is that the industry a few years ago had almost 50% gross profit margins and 25-30% net profit margins. They are getting tighter, but no excuse for a company to not be profitable. So when I look at WWAT financials, I see some really shady stuff going on, and this is besides what other dirt I know about them.
    They may actually be doing some real work for a change, but until a project is completed, you never know. They could be backlogging everything till they lose the committments, it's been done before.

It won't nosedive, way too many fools wanting to jump in and these guys run a tight racket. Just slow decreasing volume sell offs.

XSNX looks and sounds very similiar. I can see the players rotating the solar plays.

#76     Mar 23, 2007
  7. Just back from New Jersey checking out two installations by WWTR. My boots are filthy

New Jersey Solar
    ATLANTIC COUNTY UTILITIES AUTHORITY (ACUA)
    EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, NJ

The Atlantic County Utilities Authority (ACUA), a wastewater treatment plant located in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, is quickly becoming a showcase for renewable energy. WorldWater & Power Corp. was responsible for designing, engineering and supplying roof-top, ground-mount, and covered parking structure solar arrays totaling 500 kilowatts for the facility.

Approximately 660,000 kilowatt hours of clean, sustainable energy per year.

Ok off to Flatbrook Farm!

FLATBROOK FARM
    MONTAGUE, NEW JERSEY

Flatbrook Farm is an organic meat and poultry farm located in Sussex County in northwestern New Jersey. The WorldWater & Power Corp. solar power system will supply electricity to the farm shop, main barn, and manager’s residence. The system is rated at a total of 24 kilowatts. Flatbrook is WorldWater & Power Corp.’s first private project in New Jersey and was completed in March 2003.

I had a cup of tea warmed by WWTR cells and it was Peeeerfect! Hydro you're a Jersey guy
    common'. I'm hunting you down today on Deli Solar my low tech play-- it's up HUGE today.

#77     Mar 23, 2007
  8. topdown

topdown

OK folks - I gave you ZROS on 3/8 at .785 and it peaked at 1.93 on 3/19 (245% in 7 trading days). Then you got WWAT on 3/17 at .55, which went to .69 on 3/22 or 25% in 3 days (not a ZROS, but not to damn shabby - and my guess is that it still runs at least through the 3/30 earnings announcement, where it may see an additional "pump" boost).

For my next pick I give you (drum roll please..........)

BCON. Beacon Power Corp - Check the chart, Ouch - what a steaming pile of shyt is this? Their past is full of secondary offerings, no revenues, never made a nickel. Nasdaq listed, but under $1, so they are on the verge of de-listing. Great story, right?

Well - this IS the Longshot topic, and I think BCON definitely applies. Business Summary:

There is a growing demand for reliable, high-quality electrical power. Beacon offers innovative solar inverter products that help increase energy independence and promote renewable power. Our Smart Power solutions are designed to deliver instantaneous power from solar energy systems or battery backup in the event of a grid outage. We’ve designed and engineered them for performance, reliability, and ease of use.

Beacon is also applying its Patented Co-mingled Rim Technology (PCRT) advanced composite flywheel technology to design new megawatt-level energy storage products that can support the demand for reliable, distributed electrical power. Our goal is to offer sustainable power quality solutions for utility-grade frequency and voltage regulation, as well as power flow stabilization.

I think the solar inverter is small time BS. The real story here is the flywheel frequency regulator. Press release from Thursday:

Beacon Power Announces Successful Outcome of Flywheel Frequency Regulation Testing in New York

New York Independent System Operator (ISO) Says Beacon's Flywheel Technology is Viable for Use in the State's Power Grid

WILMINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 22, 2007--Beacon Power Corporation (NASDAQ: BCON), a company that designs and develops advanced products and services to support more stable, reliable and efficient electricity grid operation, today announced that the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) have confirmed the successful outcome of field trial testing of Beacon's scale-power flywheel frequency regulation system in New York. In addition, the New York ISO, which operates the power grid, determined that Beacon's technology is viable for connection to the grid.

These milestones follow the January announcement that Beacon's first flywheel frequency regulation demonstration system had received certification from the California ISO after successfully completing its field trial in that state.

"After evaluating the test results and discussing Beacon's performance with representatives of the California ISO, we find the Beacon flywheel technology to be acceptable and viable for use in the New York ISO grid," said Michael Calimano, vice president of operations, New York ISO. "We are currently determining how the service would be integrated into our tariff structure, and we look forward to working with Beacon Power to implement this important new technology."

"NYSERDA is pleased with the successful outcome of Beacon's frequency regulation field trial that was performed in New York, in cooperation with our partners at the U.S. Department of Energy," said Peter R. Smith, president and CEO of NYSERDA. "We look forward to continuing our role in facilitating the commercial deployment of this innovative technology within New York's electricity grid."

Beacon's New York-based flywheel system field trial reached this milestone after the U.S. DOE (through Sandia National Laboratories, which co-monitored the demonstration with NYSERDA) concluded that the unit's performance had been successfully demonstrated and that additional testing was not required. The flywheel system will remain in place in Amsterdam, New York, to respond to any additional control methodology demonstration that may be requested by the New York ISO.

"This is another significant achievement for Beacon Power and a major step towards our goal of becoming the nation's first independent provider of frequency regulation services using our flywheel technology," said Bill Capp. "With both Smart Energy Matrix system field trials successfully concluded we can now focus on commercial implementation of this technology in our targeted grid operating regions."

Beacon's New York-based flywheel demonstration system was installed in March 2006 and began its formal field trial in June. The goal was to determine its ability to provide fast-response frequency regulation, as well as another ancillary service called reactive power. In comparison to California, where Beacon's system was controlled by a signal sent every four seconds by the grid operator, the New York system consistently responded to frequency variations it sensed through its direct grid connection. In addition, in cooperation with the New York ISO and a major international utility, the system also successfully demonstrated its ability to provide reactive power, a secondary service that the grid requires to maintain stability.

Beacon is now evaluating potential operation in California, New York, New England and the Mid-Atlantic regions for its commercial-sized frequency regulation plants, the first of which Beacon plans to build in 2008.

BCON shot up on the news Thursday. but fell back today on lighter volume. I'll be watching Monday to get in anywhere below .85 (if it gets there), or above $1.00 if there is volume supporting the break-out.

#78     Mar 23, 2007
  9. Hope ya'll jumped in on my long shot, already showing us a nice profit, better yet, it's even tradeable! Will continue to remain long, add on weakness, and looking for a new low close to stop!

Stay tuned, my next winner is just around the corner! :)

#79     Mar 23, 2007
  10. Topdown I have read this three times -- granted a bottle and a half of red wine doesn't help-- but no where does it ever say what the fu&k the flywheel gizmo is. It leads right up to it.... and then just skips along. On the surface you have to ask yourself how can any company that sells into upkeep of the grid system not be rolling in dough? It's all a patch job. GM bought my old favorite play in this area but once again that wine is playing tricks with me can't remember the name. What's this ZROS 200% sh*t! I said tell me at 92 cents or 1.20 tell me-- what happened it never came back t o stoney? :mad:

#80     Mar 23, 2007