My longshot is

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by CaptainObvious, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Got to give $Cost's pick lots of look see cause no one ever got rich betting against him from what I can tell...
    Here's their little powerpoint presentation/.
    http://www.hawkassociates.com/files/chcgccpres.pdf

It's a nice story but the stock has always come back to it's 50 day trend-- Time this one with the ramp up to the Olympics with JADE. Chinese retail will be the place to be.

#11     Mar 9, 2007
  2. Topdown. It's all about Rocketstream? Isn't it?
    January 8, 2007

Los Angeles, Calif., January 8, 2007 – Zeros & Ones, Inc. (OTC-BB: ZROS), a diversified media and technology holding company dedicated to improving the quality of the digital world for both businesses and consumers, with its subsidiary, RocketStream, Inc., a developer of technologies and solutions to accelerate the delivery of digital payloads over broadband, wide area, and wireless IP networks, announced today the rollout plan for RocketStream’s first commercial products as part of the Zeros & Ones family.

Named after the company, RocketStream is a software-based product suite providing customers with a powerful, yet user-friendly, method of transferring large files and rich media faster and more securely than traditional alternatives. Over high-speed broadband links with measurable latency, RocketStream is capable of delivering files at speeds up to 100 times faster than FTP, thereby drastically reducing data transmission times. Unlike many existing WAN acceleration solutions, RocketStream requires no additional hardware to install, will be priced an order of magnitude below competing solutions, and is ideally suited for commercial installations where high-speed connectivity is available.

The company is currently soliciting prospective customers through its web site at www.rocketstream.com to participate in a beta evaluation of RocketStream Station, a Windows-compatible Peer-to-Peer (P2P) version of RocketStream that enables accelerated point-to-point file transfers without the need for an interim server. This beta version will be made available to website registrants in late January on a limited trial basis. The product will be commercially available near the end of the current quarter (Q1 2007), along with the release of two additional products: RocketStream Uplink – a client-only version – and RocketStream Server – a multi-threaded server capable of handling many simultaneous transfers.

>> The advantage here is we are catching the rollout. Anybody know anyone who beta tested this platform?

#12     Mar 9, 2007
  3. TBLC> What's not to like? Profitable by mid year. They have relationships with the cream of the cream in the gold world and have all of three rigs. Granted they are setting land speed records and such with their crews they obviously have good equipment and good crews but just for a joke I got a hold of the phone number for the company and I rang them up and said " Joe- Two of the rigs are down! " Wow the guys name really was Joe! He started freakin out. 0 Institutional support it's a long shot like this thread says but if they could land financing or " barter "for unused rigs and soup em' up, I'd like to see these guys be able to deploy at least 6.

Once again great job guys at throwing out names that all have promise and some revenue streams.
    This GassyGamesVideoFX thing obviously doesn't look very pretty but SWEB ZEROS TBLC & CHCG all have mucho merit. I wish i could add a name to the group, but everything i am touching lately turns to mud.
    I Am The Mud Man Ka Coo Ka Chew!

#13     Mar 9, 2007
  4. Good DD Stoned and thanks for that. And a kudos to all for making the best effort to keep this thread from turning into a typical P&D scheme. Lets try to keep policing ourselves, cause I'll bet the Mods are keeping an eagle eye on us, as well they should.

#14     Mar 9, 2007
  5. topdown

topdown

I second the sentiment Captn'. The web is certainly full of the P&D'ers so I understand the concern of ET. That said, there is "longshot" opportunity on some of these penny plays and there is a place in some portfolios for those with a high risk tolerance. My play (ZROS) was my FIRST EVER penny play and it has returned 400% + in 2 months.

Here is an edited excerpt from ChangeWave on ZROS (dated 2/13/07). I don't know a thing about Change Wave, but they do have some "big" names associated with them, so they appear to be at least somewhat legit as opposed to just a P&D'er. (This is pretty long so it will likely take a couple of posts).

Dear ChangeWave MicroCap Investor,

We're excited about this potential 10- to 50-bagger disruptive technology investment and the time is at hand for this play. We've spent months researching and following this company, and it's time to act now before the story gets out to the rest of the world.

The speed of the growth of High-Definition Video-over-Internet Protocol (HDVIP) revolution is definitely kicking into high gear. You only have to look at Cisco's recent earnings announcement to learn everything you need to know about the upward trajectory of the VIP growth wave.

And if there is one thing that's getting our attention with the same high level of enthusiasm that e-mail did in the '90s, John T. Chambers, chairman and CEO of Cisco, says it best, "If there is a killer app, it is video."

Remember, when you hear Video-over-Internet, you should really be thinking High-Definition over Internet. And HDVIP literally requires a new way to transfer gigabytes of zeros and ones (the internal binary system used by almost all computers) over the Internet.

And this is where a company aptly named Zeros & Ones (ZROS) comes in. What's elegant about this company is what they do in a logical, simple and incredibly powerful way.

This story could very well be a 10-bagger for us for reasons that will become abundantly clear in a minute. What's important to us is that the stock has started to move as its beta test was announced last week. The rollout comes in early April.

A COMPANY NO ONE HAS HEARD OF, YET

ZROS is an Xtreme (maybe extreme Xtreme) company that gives us real management with billions of dollars in previous breakthrough technology success, real mega-customers at hand, a multibillion dollar market that exists now, no dilutive PIPE financing deals, and a go-to-market plan that starts in months, not years.

Why the excitement? We are talking the next generation of the Internet -- a digital revolution that is on now. Our newest recommendation has a de facto operating system (OS) for the next-generation digital highway -- in fact, it would be more accurate to call it the Internet Autobahn.

Zeros & Ones is a company with an unusual name -- but is also a company with a very "here-and-now" benefit for humans living on the digital highway. We are talking 100 times faster Internet over existing systems, and 800 times faster with an upgrade to fiber optics -- technology that ZROS controls.

And there are reports about TV and film downloads hitting the $6 billion-per-year mark by 2012 -- TiVo and Amazon are joining forces to put Web video on TV sets. And that's only the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

So, what's the big problem? An exponential growth of 2 gigabit high-def movies, TV shows and other streaming video, has the world's Internet infrastructure bulging at the seams.

The High-Definition Video-over-Internet Protocol Wave is a trillion-dollar technology shift with two major hurdles: Internet speed and bandwidth.

TO THE RESCUE

Zeros & Ones solves both problems and does not require new devices, new boxes, new wires or new anything. The system is called RocketStream and is software-based. It requires Internet users to do NOTHING different.RocketStream is proven, has patents pending and is in beta-testing release right now! Full worldwide release could come in the next 60 days.With RocketStream's software loaded on your PC or mobile phone, you have the dashboard you need to access the 92.5% of the Internet that stands empty.
    RocketStream brings corporations and consumers a powerful, yet user-friendly, method of transferring, retrieving and uploading large files, databases and high-def media faster and more securely than traditional alternatives.

ZERO's technology provides an Internet signal with 100-times-faster data downloading to any device it's connected to over existing infrastructure.The RocketStream suite is capable of delivering synchronized high-fidelity video, audio, text and VOIP over a centralized network to worldwide participants in less than a quarter-second. It enables point-to-point file transfers without the need for an interim server. And this software suite works in all languages, on existing desktop and server platforms. Even better, it requires no additional hardware to install and is priced way below competing solutions.

How?

The current protocol used for data delivery is File Transfer Protocol (FTP). It is insecure, and only uses 7.5% of the available bandwidth. The remaining 92.5% of bandwidth is not being used simply because FTP is not equipped to perform within today's existing TCP/IP protocol.RocketStream provides the real-time encryption and automatic payload verification that FTP delivers -- minus all the competing data packets. It's like an open freeway running alongside a crowded highway -- it's really that simple.What RocketStream software does is give a "handshake" and a security system to the other 92.5% of the Internet pipeline.

SHOW ME THE MONEY

Zeros & Ones has financed itself to this point with management money, and as a consequence it is very frugal with cash -- they're using their own. It's also important to note that management has significant net worth and enough money to get the product out, we believe, with no dilution.

THE BEST PART OF THE ZROS STORY ... THE MANAGEMENT TEAM

In microcap land, just having disruptive technology is not enough. There must be a management team that can deliver. Zeros & Ones has such a team and it reads like a Who's Who of Silicon Valley.

Mark Laisure is the CEO and one of the founders of Inktomi, which was acquired by Yahoo! for almost $2 billion. He managed to bring Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, HotBot and Wal-Mart on as partners. Laisure co-founded iNetNow, created MeshNetworks (a Phase II startup acquired by Motorola) and won the R&D 100 Award for "Most Technologically Significant New Product." Finally, he has won a number of s distinguished awards, including the R&D 100 award for the most technologically significant new product and BusinessWeek magazine's wireless product of the year.

Along with Laisure comes Dana Waldman, a director. He is former director of Lockheed Martin's Advanced Communication System, and CEO and co-founder of CenterPoint BroadBand -- a Lockheed spin-off.

Also on board is Scott Fairbairn, Zeros & Ones CTO. He is founder of Breakthrough Technologies, and since 1985 he has founded, funded and operated four entrepreneurial startups -- facilitating their successful M&As into both private and publicly traded entities.

THE BEST PART OF THE ZROS STORY ... THE MANAGEMENT TEAM

In microcap land, just having disruptive technology is not enough. There must be a management team that can deliver. Zeros & Ones has such a team and it reads like a Who's Who of Silicon Valley.

Mark Laisure is the CEO and one of the founders of Inktomi, which was acquired by Yahoo! for almost $2 billion. He managed to bring Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, HotBot and Wal-Mart on as partners. Laisure co-founded iNetNow, created MeshNetworks (a Phase II startup acquired by Motorola) and won the R&D 100 Award for "Most Technologically Significant New Product." Finally, he has won a number of s distinguished awards, including the R&D 100 award for the most technologically significant new product and BusinessWeek magazine's wireless product of the year.

Along with Laisure comes Dana Waldman, a director. He is former director of Lockheed Martin's Advanced Communication System, and CEO and co-founder of CenterPoint BroadBand -- a Lockheed spin-off.

Also on board is Scott Fairbairn, Zeros & Ones CTO. He is founder of Breakthrough Technologies, and since 1985 he has founded, funded and operated four entrepreneurial startups -- facilitating their successful M&As into both private and publicly traded entities.

#15     Mar 9, 2007
  6. topdown

topdown

WHAT'S ZERO'S MARKET TARGET?

Zeros & Ones will focus on the top of the pyramid in its quest for licensing deals.

Think any device that can connect to the net or can deliver an internet signal -- PCs, laptops, servers, cable modems, DSL, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, set-top boxes, Nintendo's Wii and Sony PlayStation. This is the enterprise market -- a movie studio could license RocketStream for all of their users throughout the world. A radiology corporation like NightHawk Radiology could send CAT scans anywhere around the globe for diagnosis.

Then think even bigger -- financial, media, military and storage. Think about transferring large volumes of data (dynamic) -- real-time video, video games, IPTV and VOIP. Then would come Amazon, iTunes, or Flickr. Users will download RocketStream in order to receive movies, podcasts and any other high-volume data, super quick. Think news corporations like Fox News Channel, Disney, Paramount, etc.

RocketStream is a software platform that would make a great fit for Microsoft. In the battle against Apple, Microsoft could provide this as a simple update option for all OS users.If Akamai (the distributed computing platform provider) just paid $179 million to buy Netli (another global application delivery network provider that just speeds up servers) then what kind of value does a system like RocketStream have!?

ZROS is a $35 million market cap company about to take on a multibillion opportunity. BUSINESS SUMMARY:

Zeros & Ones, Inc., through its subsidiary, RocketStream Holding Corporation, develops packet delivery technologies designed for IP-centric applications. It provides its technologies for the delivery of video, audio, and groupware chat, as well as bi-directional voice over IP facilities, and a solution for file transfer and media delivery over IP network. The company delivers platforms, integrated solutions, and technologies to serve the military, telecommunications, and entertainment industries. Zeros & Ones is based in Los Angeles, California.

http://www.zerosones.com/

#16     Mar 9, 2007
  7. $Cost's play getting some movement today.

Related Quotes
    Symbol Last Chg
    CHCG Trade 6.83 +0.28
    Real time quote.

Taglich Brothers, Inc. announces it initiated coverage of China 3C Group (OTCBB: CHCG).

China 3C Group (OTCBB: CHCG), headquartered in HangZhou City in China's Zhejiang Province, is a retailer and distributor of consumer electronic products. The company's retail market, through which it generates more than half of its revenue, is East China, which it services through more than 800 stores concentrated mainly in Shanghai and the neighboring provinces of Jiangsu and Zhejiang. Except for one freestanding store, all of the company's outlets occupy space on the premises of supermarkets units. Hummm. One store. And a bunch of kiosks in supermarkets. I'm feeling better about JADE every minute.

The complete 17-page report is available at www.taglichbrothers.com.

Taglich Brothers, Inc. is a full-service broker dealer focused exclusively on microcap companies. The Company defines the microcap segment of the equity market as companies with less than $250 million in market capitalization. Taglich Brothers currently offers institutional and retail brokerage services, investment banking and comprehensive research coverage to the investment community.

We do not undertake to advise you as to changes in figures or our views. This is not a solicitation of any order to buy or sell. Taglich Brothers, Inc. is fully disclosed with its clearing firm, Pershing, LLC, is not a market maker and does not sell to or buy from customers on a principal basis. The above statement is the opinion of Taglich Brothers, Inc. and is not a guarantee that the target price for the stock will be met or that predicted business results for the company will occur. There may be instances when fundamental, technical and quantitative opinions contained in the above-mentioned report are not in concert. We, our affiliates, any officer, director or stockholder or any member of their families may from time to time purchase or sell any of the above-mentioned or related securities. Analysts and members of the Research Department are prohibited from buying or selling securities issued by the companies that Taglich Brothers, Inc. has a research relationship with, except if ownership of such securities was prior to the start of such relationship, then an Analyst or member of the Research Department may sell such securities after obtaining expressed written permission from the Director of Research. As of the date of this report, we, our affiliates, any officer, director or stockholder, or any member of their families do not have a position in the stock of China 3C Group. All research issued by Taglich Brothers, Inc. is based on public information. The company paid a monetary engagement fee of $21,000 (USD) for the first year of creation and dissemination of research reports and will pay a monthly monetary fee of $1,750 (USD) to Taglich Brothers, Inc. for these services after the first year.

>> $21 grand for a nice twenty cent spike I don't know was it worth it?

#17     Mar 12, 2007
  8. Topdown getting a much more natural return!

ZEROS & ONES INC COM NEW (ZROS: OTC BB)
    Last Price Today's Change Bid (Size) Ask (Size) Volume Trade
    0.88 +0.115 (+15.03%) 0.86 x2,500 0.885 x2,500 457,709

Help me read this Topdown that's 115 cents? or 11 1/2 cents? Is it time for me to step into the do do here?
    ~stoney

#18     Mar 12, 2007
  9. topdown

topdown

That's up 11.5 cents. As far as getting in, I don't know. It does appear extended here and it would be nice to see a pull-back to the .65 - .70 range to jump in, but that said, it just won't go down. I guess I'd take 1/2 a position here and see what happens. Add if it retraces to the .60's or breaks $1.00. That chart is a thing of beauty (even if it is >1.00).

#19     Mar 12, 2007
  10. omtrader

omtrader

National Scientific (NSCT.OB) is a little long-forgotten company that caused some stir in the late '90s with a tunneling diode design they called TMOS. Money ran out before they got pre-production prototype finished - classic tech bubble sad story.

They managed to bring themselves back from the brink by remaking themselves as a GPS/WiFi/video/embedded systems company selling tracking/monitoring systems for school busses.

The LONG shot is that they still hold the TMOS patents, among others, and hope to some day finish developing them with the cash from the location tools business. Would be sweet if it happened. Guess I never could let go of the dream.

For now, it's a reasonable lunch money bet based on the revenue expected next Q.

Looks cheap to me at a nickel - but I'm not objective.

omtrader

#20     Mar 12, 2007