My Live auto trade setup

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by auslanco, May 25, 2007.

1. auslanco

auslanco

After lots of research, I'm currently trading live with following services since 15/05/2007 with very satisfactory results.. Although it's too early to make a judgement on profitability , can someone please adive me on the money management side of it.

ATR Channel GBP/USD 0.1
    ATR Chanel USD/CHF 0.1
    EspritFx Eur/Jpy 0.2
    EspritFx GBP/USD 0.2
    Quants - MP40 GBP/JPY 0.1
    Ubertrading Eur/Jpy 0.1
    Ubertrading Gbp/Jpy 0.1
    Ubertrading Gbp/Usd 0.1

Strating Capital $10000 (15/05/2007)
    Accu. profits as at 25/05/2007 ( 10days) = + $1543.90

2. FX245

FX245

Hi auslanco,

thanks for reporting .. .what's your portfolio leverage ?

3. auslanco

auslanco

100:1

4. l2tradr

l2tradr

That seems VERY high to me, unless you follow very tight stops.

6. auslanco

auslanco

Thanks for the reply guys,

In the last 40 days what I have noticed was maximum of 6 (happened only once) active signal providers (average 3) were open at any given time. I have given only MAXIMUM 5% of margin of my account balance to be traded per signal provider. In this scenario the maximum total margin I use is 30%.

According to my little knowledge in forex, due to different lot allocations, use of different trading methods , and different currency pair diversification etc etc , 30% maximum used margin is acceptable in forex trading.

Please let me know your idea!!! Thanks heaps.

7. FX245

FX245

100:1 is extremely high ... some will call it suicide ... suggest to bring it down to max 20:1 (you have to look at the frequency the different signals trade as well) ...

good luck.

8. auslanco

auslanco

20:1 with the same lot sizes??

9. FX245

FX245

portfolio leverage is dependent of lot sizes .. so decreasing lot sizes and removing signals will reduce the leverage ...

many people will find 20:1 still quite high - it all depends what levels of risk you are prepared to take ...

you did +15% in 10 days (with 100:1) ... expect the same (and much more) in the opposite direction (with the same leverage) ...

10. auslanco

auslanco

Thanks very much for your feedback fx245.

I will continue to trade my original portfolio and give an update every week on the performance on this thread. I'm also going to open another $10000 portfolio on 20:1 with less signals and do a test run for the next 3 months.

My personel Idea is if I cant get a return of atleast 10% per month, I dont see a point in trading forex. I might as well invest in much more conventional low risk investment streams such as stocks or managed funds.

#10     May 26, 2007