My Life as a Trader...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by daystructure, Nov 30, 2009.

1. How about he's the same nutcase who keeps creating a new id and starting bs threads to see how many gullable people believe him?

Amazing how many people fall for this shit and retort with legitimate questions and concerns.

Anyone who was fooled by this bs, can I please trade against you?

#41     Dec 1, 2009
  2. +100% :D

"I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart."
    - Anne Frank

#42     Dec 1, 2009
  3. bat1

bat1

I blew my account as well, But I'm still
    hanging in there..

Just follow your Heart

:)

#43     Dec 1, 2009
  4. Best of luck daystructure! I am curious to know. What was your initial capital when you first started ---before the big spending and losses?

#44     Dec 1, 2009
  5. you ate from your jockstrap again. thats only 3-handle you ever saw in your life

#45     Dec 1, 2009
  6. Just following the trend, of course.

[​IMG]

#46     Dec 1, 2009

7. Follow the trend. No need to follow hearts.
    [​IMG]

#47     Dec 1, 2009
  8. 1. My current stake is just under $10,000.

2. -4.50 points today. I keep a trading journal which I track every single one of my trades and have found the reason for today's loss was:

a. I had 7 trades. All of which were losers, primarily because I was utilizing a strategy that is not part of my trading plan. I generally do not speculate on breakouts or buy/sell within 1-point of the highs/lows. Today I was really expecting the high of 1012.25 to be touched and breached. This obviously did not occur and I got really jammed on these trades.

b. Discipline. I have a written trading plan and it is one that I follow. I deviated today and really paid the price.

c. Patience. Almost every single successful trader that I have ever met and spent time with have all suggested patience as part of their success. Generally, I am a very patient trader, but something with definitely off today. I felt in the morning when I woke up to prepare.

d. Sleep. I couldn't sleep last night and had only rested for about 2 hours before starting my day. This is not a good way to go. Ever have one of those trading days which you say to yourself, "Damn, I should have just stayed in bed." Well, today was one of them for me.

Recognizing that trading has its distribution of gains and losses is key. Today's loss was not necessary but it certainly serves as a reminder to always trade with the plan and to maintain course.

EliteTrader, I would love to respond to the many encouragement, questions, and criticisms that you all have but simply do not have the energy today. I'm going to refresh, rest, and be relaxed for tomorrow's trade.

Sell 'em high, buy 'em low, take their money, bash their nose.

Best,

DayStructure
    -3.25/+40.00

PS: Commissions... man, commissions really do suck.

#48     Dec 2, 2009
  9. My original capitalization in 2001 that I grew in the past was $6,000. I had just graduated high school and went straight into trading the NQ. Fast forward several years later, college, graduation, etc. and you arrive at December 2007. Follow that by a bunch of research, odd-jobs related to trading, and now here I am.

Yes, I did purchase real estate, specifically a $500,000 condo that I defaulted on. I invested into a couple other small businesses that flopped -- mainly because I didn't do proper due diligence and put in the effort needed to make those businesses work. I'm very much a person who can do one thing really well at one time -- I'm partial in multi-tasking.

No, I am not anyone who has written a journal for the public to read in the past. This is in fact my first, ever tell all story. Take it for what it's worth. I hope that this journal will serve to be an inspiration for traders who are in the same or similar situation that I am in.

Cheers!

#49     Dec 2, 2009
  10. From October 2007 to December 2007 was a period of large drawdowns for me. What happened is that I was employing a strategy of adding to losing positions. Basically, I was utilizing my leverage as the 'edge' -- which, we all know, is wrong. The largest losing day came when I was short some 150 ER2 contracts and received a $60,000 margin call from my clearing firm due to a gap up the next day. It was not a good phone call. That's how that happened.

#50     Dec 2, 2009