My Life as a Trader...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by daystructure, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Well, I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

#22     Nov 30, 2009
  2. Spoken by the guy who doesn't use stops. :)

Jk....

#23     Nov 30, 2009
  3. Their words come back to haunt them.

#24     Nov 30, 2009
  4. Fractal

Fractal

Nope. The same failed trader who's created 1,000s of aliases just to gain a warm little spot of attention.

#25     Nov 30, 2009
  5. omg that was funny.

#26     Nov 30, 2009
  6. WOW

I did not expect the response I received from the initial post. This thread will quickly become 100+ pages if 1post per 4 pages is the response rate.

Today was a +1.25 point/contract day; +$375.00. I could have performed much better as I had several signals that I was too "chicken" to take. I'm taking a break after the close and this post, then I will re-evaluate the day as well as my setups.

This recent volatility in the markets is a gift, especially since it's crunch time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

To answer some of the questions in the replies:

1. Yes, this is real trading

2. Yes, I have read Fooled by Randomness and was, indeed, fooled by randomness as my previous 'edge' was derived from leverage, as opposed to trading with an edge.

3. Since taking the $1m loss in December of 2007, I have worked endlessly to prepare myself for this moment. Trading requires continuous monitoring and improvement; this journal is part of the effort.

4. Risk management is incredibly key in trading. I recognize this now. All of my trades are either right or wrong, that's it. I keep a reward risk ratio above 1.50 as frequently as I can. This may be low by some standards, but we all have our methods of trading.

Thank you all for the support as I go through this process.

Cheers!

Sell 'em High, Buy 'em Low, Take Their Money, Bash Their Nose.

Best,

DayStructure
    +1.25/+40.00

#27     Nov 30, 2009
  7. Also, it's called get rich quick because life is too short to get rich slow. :)

I'll post more after I review later this afternoon.

Hope all of you are well.

#28     Nov 30, 2009
  8. Who? Pabst, Joab, Marketsurfer?

#29     Nov 30, 2009
  9. plan

plan

LMAO

#30     Nov 30, 2009