my last 7 trades

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Although my outlook looks bleak right now, the day will come when I am one of the profitable ET members. I may be 45 when it happens, but the day will come. My pissed off, rampage posts will just be in the archives for the future strugglers to read. They will see that they're not alone and that it can be done; even when things seem terrible.

#31     Mar 14, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Depends on whether they're genuinely interested in improving or only in eliciting sympathy.

--Db

#32     Mar 14, 2003
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

what make you went for it (exp. because it after lunch..etc), what was your state of mind (exp. vengeance, one for the road ..etc.)
    can you repeat this trade next day (monday)

#33     Mar 14, 2003
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

:D you kill me :D

#34     Mar 14, 2003
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Talk about real tough love. The phrase "you nailed it" comes to mind.... :eek:

#35     Mar 14, 2003
  6. trendy

trendy

Were you trading a system, or was your trading total discretionary ie., I think the market should do this, so I will do that? IMO the only way to trade is with a workable system. I have never been so anxious, and stressed out as when I used to do discretionary, seat of the pants trading. So, if your in the mood, tell us how you were trading.

#36     Mar 14, 2003
  7. ptt

ptt

I agree with trendy. You need to use a system. There are plenty of systems here on ET. Jack Hershey has offered to help you on the 'stochastic indicator' thread. I think that even good discretionary traders use systems, but they are at the subconscious level. However, every system has losses, so what, losses are part of this game, but you have to follow the system in order to get the winners. So to summarize, 1. get a system 2. trade it in a real time simulator. 3. When you can follow the system in real time for at least 2 weeks, go live and trade it just like the simulator.

One quote I read here on ET was, trade a simulator like it's the real thing, and trade the real thing like it's a simulator. That made a lot of sense to me.

Good Luck, you're young and you'll make it eventually, or not.

#37     Mar 14, 2003
  8. Here comes the backlash for being honest.

Db, Magna,

I don't hate you guys or anything, but WTF?

I'm not going to tell you guys not to state your opinions. However, I will say, I hope you guys have never been frustrated and complained in your life. To not be able to identify with me at all, you must have been great traders from the day you opened your first trading accounts.

I can't imagine any wannabe trader not having periods of strife while they struggle to learn. Unless if maybe they inherited some big bucks and if they lose some it's no big deal. Well I didn't and this is my life I'm talking about. In my opinion I only have one, so I'm trying to do what will give me the best life. It really torments me that the effort I have put into this over the years is not paying off. (No, ElCubano, I don't think the world owes me something. I'm just disappointed in MYSELF).

I'm not sitting here crying, pleading for someone to make money for me. There are many people with worse problems than I have. I actually can laugh at some of this even though the reality of it is pathetic. How people feel is relative though. Even if Bill Gates has a bad day, to him, it still feels like a bad day even though he is so successful. If I have a bad day, it feels bad to me even though there's some kid probably starving in Africa.

Anyway, I'm just saying why be so eager to kick a man when he's down. All my posts are just the truth. If I have a good day, I may say so. If I have a bad day, I will say that, too. My account has been in a downtrend since its inception and it's damn frustrating.

#38     Mar 14, 2003
  9. ges

ges

God knows, this thought has been on my mind a lot lately. Is it worth it? I've squandered a lot of other things in my life these last 5 years to pursue this and I have nothing to show for it...yet.

g

#39     Mar 14, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Honest? Baloney. For all these many months you have complained about how awful everything is and what a loser you are. And many people have offered to help you. But nobody can help you until you explain what it is you're trying to do and post charts of your trades. Without that, all you're going to get - and have gotten - is bumper-sticker advice pulled out of some trading book and/or a keep at it bucko pep talk. And you will continue to lose.

And don't offer up that lame-o excuse about not posting your system because you don't want anybody copying it. If it were that good a system, you wouldn't be such a loser.

If you really want to improve, then explain your system or strategy or whatever you want to call it, and post charts of your trades so that those who are interested can help you figure out what you're doing wrong. If you don't want to do any of this, then all you're doing is crying for sympathy. That's all you've ever done. Who cares?

--Db

#40     Mar 14, 2003