my last 7 trades

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Mar 14, 2003.

1. toby400

toby400

Congratulations on facing up to your limitations and making a decision to move on.

Many would continue to blame the market instead of admitting their shortcomings.

You are not going to make it as a trader so get a job.

But not to worry. It seems you will give your best in whatever endeavour you undertake.

So good luck.

:)

#11     Mar 14, 2003
  2. Here's my 1 winner.. HOORAY!!

#12     Mar 14, 2003
  3. qdz2

qdz2

well, i hope you feel better in the same way like when I know there are people as dumb and as useless as myself. but this is normal. it is not my fault. look at what this market can do to me!

:p

#13     Mar 14, 2003
  4. Well, thanks for the response, but I will never quit. How does one know that they will never make it as a trader? I can't even say that I will not make it on a frustrating day like today. I won't make it the day I say I won't make it...and I will never do that.

#14     Mar 14, 2003
  5. Are there any experience traders out there in Elitetrader land that can take on Gordon as a futures trader and provide some real mentoring and helping to get him on his way. Obviously he is honest about his trading but is in a bad downward spiral in terms of money and mentally. It would be great I think for a lot of the new traders on the board to see Gordon go from his state and get mentored by someone into profitablity. It would be a great turnaround story. I would do it if I was in a position too and traded futures.

Gordon, I don't know how you hit a key at the moment if you go in thinking you can't trade and have no possiblity of make money. It is probably best to stop until you see something to make you believe you can make money trading. It does not make much sense to trade to your stoploss point.

#15     Mar 14, 2003
  6. Ditch

Ditch

Why don't you improve your skills on a simulator instead of burning money?

#16     Mar 14, 2003
  7. Many generous ET members have tried to help me. There are many kind helpful people here. I just don't know what it is. I am not asking for a mentor or anything. I'm just blowing off steam. I'm showing the dark side of the market that most people don't talk about. Everyone talks about their winning trades, but how often do people discuss their shortcomings. I say f that. This is me, here I am.

#17     Mar 14, 2003
  8. trader3

trader3

Hang in there, Gordon. If I remember, you are in your twenties. Why don't you get a job in the industry and learn as much as you can. You'll be getting paid while you learn and eventually you may find yourself as a top trader at a firm or in some situation you really enjoy. Lot's of very successful traders had jobs in the industry at one point and lot's of successful traders were broke or in debt at some point along the way. Sounds like you could use a change of scenery and the social interaction might be very good for you.

#18     Mar 14, 2003
  9. Digs

Digs

Your failure is due to not having the SKILLS or Tools...

Work out what you need,,,,,

Go away and think about it, some people take 5 years before they are winners ..all of the time...

#19     Mar 14, 2003
  10. Took me years to make consistent money. Hang in there after you raise some more cash. I would definitely recommend a mentor, or even go to a prop firm doing futures in an attempt to prevent the same mistakes again.

Jay

#20     Mar 14, 2003