my last 7 trades

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Mar 14, 2003.

1. I had to come here and reveal my true patheticness. My last 7 trades consist of 6 LOSERS, 1 WINNER. NET -8.25. After trading since 1999, you'd think I might be able to at least break even. Nope, can't even do that. I amaze even myself. At this rate, I will be wiped out in a few days. I'm am so screwed, I hate even thinking about it. I see all these posts of guys not only making a living, but actually doing very well. I don't know how you guys do it. I'm done for the day.

I'M AWESOME.

2. BUT look on the bright side -- you posses the most clarity of any human being at this point in our evolution -- thats gotta be better than making some cheese :)

3. I thought you had me on ignore?

When I said that, I was speaking about our human existence. That has nothing to do with trading. I have never claimed I have clarity in trading. I have no clarity in trading.

4. try switching to swing trading. You are realizing the awefull truth that very few make it daytrading, at least not for the long haul. If you can't make it swing trading then consider doing something else like buying a mutual fund.

5. Arnie

Arnie

Don't feel bad, Gecko. I've been trading a lot longer than you and the past 2 weeks have been some of my worst. I didn't lose much because of my discipline, but I had probably 8-10 losers or scrath trades in a row. It happens to everyone.

6. I started as a swingtrader years ago. I can't do any type of trading correctly. I shouldn't even be trading ES, but the fucking PDT rules screw me. My biggest losses ocurred right after PDT was implemented. I used to trade stocks, but when PDT came around, I started entered on the close and holding over night so I could exit the next day without it counting as a day trade. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. YEAH, NICE JOB, SEC. THANKS FOR APPROVING THAT GREAT RULE. Yes, I know I'm responsible for my own decisions, but the PDT rules are terrible. I don't care what anyone says, they shouldn't exist. I'm not talking about the extra margin that you guys like. I'm talking about the x trades in x days bullshit.

No way would I buy a mutual fund.

7. When I get a job, I will come post it here and let you all know what it is. I will even post how much I get paid an hour! I'm serious, too. Watch..

I haven't had a job in years, I can't fucking wait.

8. nkhoi

nkhoi

post your winner

9. qdz2

qdz2

Gordon, You just make me feel better. Thank you. You are not alone. Trust me. Read my "healing a broken heart isn't impossible" thread under the psychology forum.

:p

10. Glad I make you feel better, but I feel fucking terrible. I'm sick of being a trading loser. I shouldn't be one. I'm not a newbie and I'm not a complete idiot (even if you think I am).

#10     Mar 14, 2003