my lake

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jjftw, Jan 16, 2009.

1. jjftw

jjftw

Great pick. I'm trying to get back to my old trading style, which means only NYSE listed stocks, but thank you for contribution, maybe later I will expend into NASDAQ, since now with increase of ECN trading volume the difference between nyse and nas is not as big as before.

I use Redi+ which is a platform that belongs to Goldman Sachs. I trade prop., nothing against my firm, but I'd rather not mention them, for the purpose of this thread it doesn't matter.

#11     Jan 21, 2009
  2. Sorry, I forgot that you'd mentioned NYSE at the beginning. I see the Naz and NYSE as being the same, but I avoid AMEX like the plague.

#12     Jan 21, 2009
  3. PNC and IBM gave nice inside bar entries (with long bias) today. Would have been a good ride up all day into close.

NTRS turned out to be a not-so-hot pick. :cool:

#13     Jan 21, 2009
  4. jjftw

jjftw

broke 2 of my rules, no trading during lunch and no overnights unless profitable, and already paying for it, gave back nice morning profits, and stuck with PNC which is up 1 dol afterhours, this is p&l at close, i'll try to get out all positions before 8, if not definitely tomorrow, lesson re-learned

[​IMG]

#14     Jan 21, 2009
  5. jjftw

jjftw

trading SHW and ESI today, watching AOS, DOX

#15     Jan 22, 2009
  6. jjftw

jjftw

was done with most trades by 9.40, low volume only 1800 shares traded overall

[​IMG]

#16     Jan 22, 2009
  7. jjftw

jjftw

If you are a starting or losing daytrader, I'll try to give some tips. If you are a retired or successful trader please share with us your tips.

Here's what's most important to those who are just starting: trade small. No matter what your backtesting results or demo account gains were, if you are starting real trading do it with smallest size possible.

#17     Jan 22, 2009
  8. jjftw

jjftw

i will trade COF (capital one) and CYN (citi national) today, and watch AFL (aflac)

#18     Jan 23, 2009
  9. smoove

smoove

Seeing your redi screen brings me back to my bright trading days.

#19     Jan 23, 2009
  10. jjftw

jjftw

nothing was right today, made every mistake possible, overtraded, but most importantly went way over the daily limit i had set for myself

[​IMG]

#20     Jan 23, 2009