My Journal to profitability

Discussion in 'Journals' started by wiesman02, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Net ($90) today.

Had internet connectivity problems again today, despite the fact that I traded my biggest volume yet w/ 200 shares.

Got a new modem yesterday, thought that fixed the problems, but I think I fixed the problem today.....think it was a firewall issue.

Traded AWESOME in the morning. Traded like a pro should. Intermitant connection problems after 12:00 again should have told me to stop trading. Instead, i keep trading and it really fked up my trading. I dont know why I did that.

Tomorrow is another day. I think this connectivyt problems are behind me

#51     Mar 5, 2008
  2. Net: ($92)

1) Forgot to cancel a limit order short 200 shares of NLY. Of course it happened during lunch when i was away during the spike.. -$60

2) markets showed me not to be greedy. Long on TSRA in the morning at 16.19. Placed a limit sell order at 16.39 once I saw it reversing on me, even though i should have placed a market order b/c it was falling hard. Mkt order woulda gotten me at 16.34, instead i watched it drop to 15.91. $43 swing. Only 100 shares thank god. never do that again.

That was the difference between breakeven today and losing $90.

The rest of the day was revamping my system for 1 min candles as I can read price action 10x easier when trading the 1 mins instead of the 5 mins. Churned the rest of the day. Really i've been working on this all week long minus internet connectivity failures.

Don't worry guys. 2 negative days in a row doesn't mean I'm losing it. Just taking a few steps back, as I perfect my techniques.

#52     Mar 6, 2008
  3. Since I trade w/ JC Trading, we clear through Tuco, so JC is in the process of opening a new account for me so we will not be affiliated w/ them.

No trading Friday, and probably a few days next week.

However I will be paper trading to tweak my strategy.

#53     Mar 9, 2008
  4. Realized $14
    Net ($11)

Well, no real complaints today. Lots of cobwebs though. Happy I pretty much broke even. Tomorrow should be better.

Lots of lag today w/ quotes. Got a little pissed off at the end b/c I was getting shitty fills. My fault for placing mkt orders though.

Could have done much better today. Same old story, lol.

Demo traded the YM again. I really enjoy it.

#54     Mar 14, 2008
  5. Realized $73.50
    Net: $44.50

Wow. High of the day around 11:30. Churned all afternoon.

Couldn't get a feel for the market today. Couldn't read the price action on the YM in the afternoon very well. Cost me a lot of money.

#55     Mar 17, 2008
  6. Forgot attachment.

#56     Mar 17, 2008
  7. Realized: ($21)
    Net: ($44.50)

Confession to make. Last 3 days I didn't trade my strategy.

6 days of not trading fked with my head. Thougth I could do different things and make money. Trading w/o an edge basically. Stupid. No more of that. Learned my lesson.

On a different note, I'm trading 200 shares now. Emotional aspect of 200 shares isn't as much of a problem anymore.

Now back to the original strategy :)

Edit: Crap, forgot the attachment. I'll just attach today's PnL with tomorrow's when I post tomorrow.

#57     Mar 18, 2008
  8. Stocks:
    Realized $45
    Net: $43

Futures:
    Net $56

Total: $99

Only traded 1 stock today. Tuco crap is the reason why. Focused on futures. Only placed 1 live trade in the YM today. All the rest were paper trades.

Top is todays PnL in stocks. Bottom is yesterdays.

Your just gonna have to take my word for it in futures b/c the platform disconnected on me at like 3:00 and I just exited shop after that.

#58     Mar 19, 2008
  9. YM PnL:
    Net $18.04

No stock trading for a while. JC Trading has halted for a while. So my stock trading is done for the moment.

Done early today. Its 12:20pm. Had some minor judgement lapses so I've decided to demo trade the rest of the day.

Attached is my p/L and my trades for the day.

Trades (Trades denoted by arrows)

1) Simple short on oversold condition and resistance agains tthe 12217 pivot. Got in at 12207. Thought there was a problem w/ the platform, got nervous and covered. My short position wasn't showing up in an area of the platform, so I was confused if it went through so I covered at 12198 just to see if I was actually short. I was told that I should always trust the trade log, b/c thats right from the exchange. So i only took a 9 point gain on what would have easily been 20 pnts plus b/c there was not a green candle in sight on the 1 min for about 8 mins. Oh well, coulda turned out a lot worse. It was all my fault, nothing wrong w/ the software.

2 and 3) Judgement error here. Usually trade off the 1 min or 233 tick, and thats where my Long entry came from. FORGOT to confirm on the 3 min. If i can't confirm on the 3 min, i don't take it. Sold for a 14 pnt loss there. There were 2 trades. First trade i was stopped out, and the 2nd trade I re-entered lower which u can't really see on the chart. Only after both trades were stopped out did I see my error.

4) Here's where confirmation on the 3 min took place. Went long at 12192 and exited at 12204 for a 12 point gain.

Questions or commentary welcome.

#59     Mar 20, 2008
    #60     Mar 20, 2008