My Journal to profitability

Discussion in 'Journals' started by wiesman02, Feb 5, 2008.

1. yesterday:

Realized: ($35.70) Net ($68)

Trading 200 shares obviously screwed w/ my head.

#31     Feb 27, 2008
  2. Today:

Realized: $66
    Net: $47

Scaled back to 100 shares today, after my first trade of the day was 200 shares and resulted in a big loss.

Reason why I scaled back is b/c I chickened out trading 200 shares, after what I did yesterday.

Feel really comfortable trading 100 shares, and I can make money any day of the week trading 100 shares. Although, I should be able to squeeze out $100 per day trading 100 shares.

Still making errors in judgements today. Not 100% happy w/ my trading. But I'm getting there.

Yesterday, I didnt make any BAD errors. Just the pyschology of being down got to me, and I never recovered.

Today, I sold one stock too early for NO reason. Took a small profit on it. Soon as I did that, I saw the stock rocket up about 40 more cents. Coulda been up over $100 realized today.

After that, I FOCUSED on every single trade, and I made no errors.

Still want to trade 200 shares, but its tough stepping it to the next level. I will again, try to bring it to the next level tomorrow.

#32     Feb 27, 2008
  3. Realized: $92
    Net: $70

Peaked at $95 net at about 12:00.

Had to lower my timeframe today, and trade 1 min bars instead of 5 min, since I was getting such few signals in the afternoon.

Yah, this afternoon, was BY FAR the slowest I've experienced yet as a trader. Wasn't too happy. I was hoping for an over $100 day but the market just didn't allow it.

I was trading 100 share lots though, partially b/c of the volatile stocks i was trading, and b/c i had to change my trading timeframe.

Procrastinating my 200 share trading switch. DEFINITELY DEFINITELY by the beginning of March, whether a stock is volatile or not. Gotta make the change over.

#33     Feb 28, 2008
  4. just buy gold and short thr USD.

you are overtrading, you need to determine a long time trend - like demise of USD and just stick to it!

#34     Feb 29, 2008
  5. dtan1e

dtan1e

a question, your broker commissions mst be really low?

#35     Feb 29, 2008
  6. for everyone that cares, since I've been getting a good amount of PM's regarding this, my commissions are $4 per 1000 shares.

If I go over 500,000 shares per month, my commissions are $3 per 1000

#36     Feb 29, 2008
  7. JC198

JC198

Weisman, what prop firm do you use? I am interested in doing something similar to what you're doing, but I don't know how to get started. Any suggestions? Thanks.

#37     Feb 29, 2008
  8. God damn it, I got my ass handed to me today. Fought the market all day.

Biggest Mistake today:

Was biased on the long side all day. kept thinking the market would rebound. Lost out on MANY short opportunities today. With the amount of entries screaming at me that i didnt take today, I missed out on what should have been my best day yet. Lol, now I want more days like this. My system would have made me a rich man.

So, never be biased on which way u think the market will go. It'll hurt your day big time. Thats the lesson I learned today and i dont see myself doing it again. Fighting the trend is for losers. 300 points worth of downside and I didnt catch one significant move short, yet my system was screaming w/ entries.

Christ all mighty I had so many opportunities today. Its actually really really embarassing considering I'm starting w/ 200 shares on Monday. Gotta get with it.

Today: Realized $40
    Net: $10

Weekly total realized: $230.80
    Weekly total Net: $110

Week ended in a dissappointment monetarily. Trading wise, I'm happy with my progress.

Week 1: ($1500)
    Week 2: $26
    Week 3: $115
    Week 4: $110

PS for all that care: I work for JC Trading Group

#38     Feb 29, 2008

9. is this demo account?

#39     Feb 29, 2008
  10. no. Real money

#40     Feb 29, 2008