my issues with IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mr_byte31, Sep 18, 2018.

1. I left IB from long time and I am using another broker just for swing trading.
    The best thing in IB was the low commissions, direct market access and ability to use CFDs.

I want to check if the same probs I hate about IB still exists or not. I opened tickets for them but those issues was never solved.

my first issue was level II, I was not able to change the colors of level 2. it was hard to stick to white or black.
    second one was the time and sale. it has not colors but strange icons !. does it still exist ?
    third thing. it was not possible to have a special background color for after hours and pre-market.

did they do any good changes to their software ? !

2. d08

d08

None of those are problems but your subjective preferences. They really don't have time to deal with nonsense like that as there are real technical problems that need solving.

andk123, digitalnomad, zdreg and 6 others like this.
  3. every broker has their technical probs !
    but providing the customer with what makes his life easier is not considered as problem ?
    I have many friends who suffer the same things.
    They didn't implement VWAP except recently ! don't you think that this is a piece of shame for IB ?

4. BookTrader gives you color choices for both L2 and T&S.

Also, why not maintain an account elsewhere for the platform, and an IB account for the trading?

5. I think it doesn't provide different colors for levels in level II
    something like that :
    upload_2018-9-18_18-13-47.jpeg
    those colors are more visible

tm689 likes this.
  6. Oops, sorry, it's market depth trader, not BookTrader.

MDTrader.JPG

7. zdreg

zdreg

what other broker offers vwap?

8. Etrade, TDA, Schwab...really, are there any that don't?

9. tm689

tm689

Not being able to change the colors in the level II market maker box is a big drawback to the IB system. Being able to customize the box makes your job much easier.

mr_byte31 likes this.
  10. For clarity sake, we're talking about the VWAP line on an intra-day chart here, not the order type, correct?

#10     Sep 18, 2018