My issue about AMP

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by bugra01, Jul 17, 2020.

1. bugra01

bugra01

I am busy with open a futures trading account on AMP futures. I send them my ID, residence. Problem is coming here. Source of income. I am an university student who related with financial markets over 5 years also my department is economics. I have no job, so no salary yet. Deposit will be my own saving I gave from my parent and education credit from government (over june 2020). I am explain it them, said deposit will be a very small amount to practise myself physicologically and get disciplined on e-micros . They said unfortunately we cannot accept you and when I ask what is the issue ?? What can I do for activate and ready for trading my account, they hasn't any acceptable answer.

If it is just depends on broker and changes on others, I am waiting your advices.

If I can do anything to change this situation to activate my account also I am waiting your advices.

2. Say you are self-employed when going to a different broker. This one, you are done with. Drive UBER and you won't even have to lie!

Broker's due diligence mandates that they have to ask these questions. Most people lie!

BAT31, zenlot and bugra01 like this.
  3. do you live in the US, if, not then try opening a spread account in the UK

bugra01 likes this.
  4. Metamega

Metamega

Pretty standard for most brokerages I believe. They want to know when you screw up and end up down -10k that they can get their money back.

bugra01 likes this.
  5. bugra01

bugra01

Thank you ballsofgold. What is the difference between standard US futures trading and UK spread trading? Also does it contain e-micros for small accounts like 250-350 usd or gbp ? I hear it before but never searched.

And thank you too Homelywizard and metamega. Do you have any advice has good conditions like AMP for news/youngers like me? (No account minimum, small daytrade margin and support quality)

No ballsofgold, I am citizen of Turkey and also residence is here.

6. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

About 10 years ago I opened my first futures account (not amp) and it was initially declined, I guess I didn't put enough net worth..

The guy told me to resend the application with the "correct" financial info. Lol

JSOP and Gaslight Capital like this.
  7. JSOP

JSOP

Stick with US futures trading. It's more regulated. There are a lot of problems with UK spread betting. Many of them are scams.

SteveH likes this.
  8. As a new trader, I highly suggest that you try IG index. They are regulated by FCA have billions in capital and is a FTSE firm

You can trade small small notional sizes and deposit 5 percent on indices.

Google spread betting, there is enough free info on it. The spreads are a little bid wider than futures but it is tax free. They are still tight enough to trade.

I only suggest ig index and cmc markets

City index is ok bc i think they are owned by gain capital

Stay away from everyone else other than the above 3 names

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  9. Clueless how much you give a way with spread betting shops on interest and spreads.

10. Poor advice... Commenting on something you know nothing about

#10     Jul 18, 2020