MY IB TWS screen is now this ugly half-beige!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by nravo, Apr 1, 2008.

1. nravo

nravo

Been away, logged into thelatest version and wow the ugliest I have ever seen and you can only change it a few shades of gray it seems. Worse, there are no lines where I can just click and enter a symbol for a quote or trade. It's a big beige block. How can I get something close to the old TWS back? Or are there no alternatives except using the old system.

2. The release notes say you can choose a "classic" color scheme which is supposed to resemble the original colors. I think I'll wait to upgrade to this version. This one might be a flop.

3. nravo

nravo

They should really hire some graphic artists or something do check over the upgrades. This one is really ugly. Looks cheap even.

4. I just looked at it, not bad at all. You can still customize the trade pages.

5. jtnet

jtnet

where have u been? much better than that ugly yellow/brown color

6. nravo

nravo

How do I get a full page of lines on my portfolio page, blank ones underneath the ones with positions. Right now, it's just blank/beige under the lines with positions.

7. chud

chud

I'd like to know too. This looks like a bug. Right now, I'm having to insert blank lines every time I open TWS. The new lines don't get saved in the settings.

8. nravo

nravo

I asked IB Help -- but you know long it will take for them to get back to me.

9. Pete - IB

Pete - IB Interactive Brokers

Note that you can add many blank lines very quickly by pressing and holding down the Insert key.

10. chud

chud

Yes, I mentioned that this is what I've been doing. But why can't the blank lines be saved in the settings? I have to enter them every time I open TWS.

I still think it'd be smarter to pre-fill the blank lines. Inserting a new line every time you want to add a symbol is just an unneccessary extra step.

#10     Apr 3, 2008