My Home Built Multi-Monitor mount/stand - Vertical

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Traderham, Dec 11, 2011.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

As long as he can see the monitors well, and they don't fall down, I don't see the problem. Saving money in a minus sum game is always a win imo.

#11     Dec 13, 2011
  2. Well, I do "wrestle" with the markets every day :D No monitors have been knocked down yet (although there are times that I wanna throw something at it).

Chinese fittings? Heck, I don't know where they were made. It's what they had at Osh. I didn't get picky. At the beginning, I didn't even know if this idea would work. Took it on as a fun project. If stuff starts breaking down, it'll be easy to replace parts.

And if you guys see things that can be done better or differently, I'd love to hear it. I can always "mod" it as time goes on.

#12     Dec 13, 2011
  3. Traderham: Good job. Some of these multiple monitor fixtures cost more than the monitors themselves. I believe in spending money where it matters.

I did a custom fixture. I found that the easier way for me is to use fiberboards as back support. Erect the fiberboard on top of the office desk (a simple, "IKEA" kind of office desk) and secure it. Then mount each monitor with some $29.95 VESA monitor mounts which let the monitor has all 3 degrees of freedom in tilt, swing and rotate. There are some monitor mount (Sly is the make) that let you extend the monitor out by as much as 5 to 10 inches.

#13     Dec 13, 2011
  4. Bolimomo, initially, I thought about fiber board, but wasn't sure if it was strong enough. But now I see it would be more than adequate. I Googled "Sly mounts" and found just a couple of mounts at Frys. It looked neat, but didn't have a price.

Monoprice has a great selection at awesome prices. Go down half way on this link and look at the "LCD Wall Mount Bracket Section":

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10828

#14     Dec 13, 2011
  5. Here at Cobra Trading www.cobratrading.com we had bought multiple stands from Ergotron, but then stumbled across www.easymountlcd.com and ordered a few of the six monitor stands. They have worked awesome and for only a little over $100, hardly worth trying to make something else work.

Hope this helps someone. Let me know if I can ever do anything to earn your brokerage accounts.

#15     Dec 13, 2011
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

no holes on back of my monitor
    [​IMG]

#16     Dec 13, 2011
  7. That stand pops off the back and there should be holes behind there. The ordered stands come with screws.

#17     Dec 13, 2011
  8. Chadd, those are some really good prices at ezmountLCD. Thanks for the link. I build a horizontal one at my parents and I think this actually would have cost me less!

nkhoi, Chadd is correct. I have a Dell like the one you posted and the stand pops off. There is a button you have to push somewhere in the back. You'll find Vesa mounting holes underneath.

#18     Dec 13, 2011
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

+1

There's something to be said for what a flat blade screwdriver can uncover.:)

#19     Dec 13, 2011
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

thanks, now I know what that button for.

#20     Dec 13, 2011