my holy grail is my GO HUNGRY strategy...........i finally reveal it.................

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by chewbacca, Feb 2, 2010.

1. u need to realized that discipline is the the holy grail of trading.......and my holy grail for maintaining discipline is to GO HUNGRY............whenever i break my risk management rules i just don't eat the rest of the day..........if i break my risk management rules again the next day then i don't eat the next day either.......pretty soon being disciplined becomes a matter of life and death and i want to live damn it so i become disciplined once again and life is good

GO HUNGRY whenever u break ur discipline becuz sooner or later ur will have to get used to being hungry when u lose it all becuz of lack of discipline

i became rather thin when i first engaged in this GO HUNGRY strategy.......but now i am obese once again after becoming disciplined day in and day out

2. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

whatever it takes to maintain discipline. i like it.

i have used a similar strategy, but it doesn't involve going hungry. :eek:

if i make money and do not violate any of my risk mgnt rules then i reward myself by going out to one of my favorite restaurants.

if i lose money but adhere to all my risk mgnt i consider it a good day and may still have a nice dinner.

if i make money but violate a risk mgnt rules i eat a plain, basic dinner, nothing special.

3. I love this idea. I am going to modify this a bit to make it healthier.

So, if I lost my discipline, it's gonna be just SALAD for dinner for that day!

PA

4. I lacked the discipline to NOT eat. Pounded a six pack and a pizza, felt better. Capped it off with a couple smokes.

:D

Just kidding, good technique.

Stay Hungry.

5. abstinence may be more effective. :D

6. Mav88

Mav88

hmm, if I behave I get ice cold Coors, misbehaving means warm Iron City.

7. Redneck

Redneck

Damn it man – you omitted the best one :eek: :p

RN

8. mynd66

mynd66

What do you eat for dinner if you lose money AND violate your risk mgnt rules?

9. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

crackers and water.

10. I'm typing with 2 fingers right now because I have no other choice.

....my rules are kinda harsh :(

#10     Feb 3, 2010