My History on Elite Trader for those who care ...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TonyOz, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Tony............Its Chris Terry, hi.......you where away when my thread got destroyed, and I see i am not the only one dufferdon targeted for harrassment.

I think your a solid guy & you know that & I stand behind you 100%.............personally I dont have the time to fight & try to defend myself in a public setting and embarrass myself over that, not worth my time & energy.

I am glad you will be back & post your work for people to see......I have no interest anymore & removed my work from the site because of the destruction of my thread that had an incredible amount of views...........

I have recived tons of emails from people here thanking me for the work I put out & I have had many asking for help still that have no mentorship or guidance .....I wish things worked out different as i enjoyed the board ..........but life goes on.........I am happy to see you wil be working alot here in the future & the candle of hope is lit again for the young traders that need that support they will get it from you.

When you show you made 14,000 + that gave hope to the guys that havent figured it out yet & a headache to the guys that harrassed you.......I dont feel its important for me to show my $ results because the postion size we do in my office ( my partner, my assistant & myself ) as it is unrelatable to most traders & from what I gather from speaking to many & emailing & communicating with others that 6,000 shares is a dream size to many traders & you have earned thier respect & admiration as well as mine by proving your successes.......thats great & I hope you continue your work & show the masses that they too could be where you are someday..........keep that hope alive just one more day for these guys until they make it to the ranks of somebody like you that picks stocks successfully & is happy to share with others..........

I have no desire to open up a new thread or have any plans to .......BUT I will particpate where I feel it will help others ......
    I am excited to see you will be spending more time here..........By the way.......how did you spend the $6 you made from me ?....haha.......great books great work & if anything I could do for you just ask..........I will see you in Feb as I will be there with Linda at the expo when she does her training on that Saturday.......

Best Wishes & goodluck & wish you a great 2002 & beyond

Christopher Terry

#21     Dec 18, 2001
  2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Tony,

Give 'em hell, and great to have you back all rested up from the cruise. Hey, that is some respectable trading you did today in SEBL -- you might just make it in this field. :)

#22     Dec 18, 2001
  3. TonyOz

TonyOz

#23     Dec 18, 2001
  4. janko

janko

now that we have seen both sides of arguments and know where everyone stands, please lets put an end to this, for those who have a problem or discrepancy with tony's posts please take it up with him personaly (email or PM) or on another thread, so with that being said- Mr. Oz please proceed with the first lecture- class is in session. Lets learn something. Here I brought you an apple. I'm ready to talk trading not bitching>>>>>
    Thnx

#24     Dec 18, 2001
  5. sallyboy

sallyboy Guest

Tony (or anyone else who might know):

I haven't yet, but will soon be browsing your site to get familiar with your setups & scanner, etc. with the hope of getting an idea of how you trade the market. I haven't read your books either (sorry about the loss of income :D ), but I guess I'm wondering if the scanner compliments the books such that I can get the big picture & the setup explanations from the books then apply it real world with the scanner. I keep getting bits & pieces of your techniques from posts here on Elite Trader but would like to go to the source (i.e.- the books).

By the way, glad to see that you are not letting a few keep you from posting on the boards. You have nothing to prove, period. Everyone else gives their advice and opinions whether they know what their doing or not and nobody asks them for the P&L, etc. I'm not going to scrap my current trading methods to follow you blindly (and I hope no one else does either), but I'm pretty sure that I (and some others on the boards) can learn or thing or two from someone that makes a few grand per day.

I look forward to your future input and any journal you may start.

#25     Dec 19, 2001
  6. sallyboy

sallyboy Guest

Oh, I forgot to add, what thread was it that you were asking if some Elite Trader members wanted to get together in person? (I believe you were thinking about New York in January)

Thanks.

#26     Dec 19, 2001
  7. TonyOz

TonyOz

#27     Dec 19, 2001
  8. I just wanted to ask you Tony how your trading started, Hoe much money did you start with? You are obviously loaded now but did you have large capital in the first place.

What it a long struggle?

Just to give me a bit of inspiration:(

#28     Dec 19, 2001
  9. "However, if you were paying me money for some sort of stock picking service and you demanded to see my own trading records, you better believe that I would have no problem providing you with them. "

Thank you, I think the above responds adequately to my enquiry.

#29     Dec 19, 2001
  10. toby400

toby400

Hi Tony
    Over here in the UK many aspiring traders are trading US stocks and Indices because of the greater choice and volatility.

US brokers like Interactive charge far less for round trips than a similar UK broker. We can spread bet here (No tax) but the spreads are very wide and the firms move the goalposts a lot.

So the more US brokers compete and cater for the growing army of UK traders the better. Maybe the UK establishment fat cats will be forced to produce a more level playground.

Question: Your scanner - could you make it available to UK traders as some form of stand alone software or even run from your site where we could log in to view candidates for further research?

I don't wish to make your head swell but please be aware that there are sites over here where you appear to have a growing army of fans albeit I don't seem to be able to get "How to make money from Wall street" over here.

Lastly, people like you have accelerated the learning curve for people like myself who are evolving from buy and hold, to active stock management.

Maybe you could run threads on vehicles for trading: ie Swing Trading, QQQ's, use of options in trading, using a US broker etc.

Good luck

Neil
    UK

#30     Dec 19, 2001