My guess as to why traders fail

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shark, Mar 30, 2010.

1. deaddog

deaddog

You mean like an e-mail service that lets you know what the stocks are going to do before they do it?:D :D :D

Let me know if you find one that works. I see them advertised but I have my doubts.

#41     Mar 30, 2010
  2. shark

shark

Oh sweet I didn't know they had those, ima get one.

#42     Mar 30, 2010
  3. deaddog

deaddog

#43     Mar 30, 2010
  4. shark

shark

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

#44     Mar 31, 2010
  5. SK0

SK0

Jack, how do three moves play out before, prior and after some news or report? I guess you use OTR and DOM to "read" the signals in this period which would probably last for 20 minutes. Is it fun to ride the roller coaster? :D

#45     Mar 31, 2010
  6. jalee25

jalee25

Shark,

True there are multiple variables involved in the indicators many of us know as price. As a trader, you are trading the sentiment of traders. You are trading what the traders trade... and their reaction to news. News itself does not have an actual price measurement... I believe. Everything does gets factored and everything is correct. News itself is only 1 variable, and it's probably true your brain does not have the capacity to input every news bit that comes out around the globe in the 24-hour global markets.

That's how I think about it...

#46     Mar 31, 2010
  7. pchan

pchan

How long has it been since you haven't had a losing day?

#47     Mar 31, 2010
  8. Gcapman

Gcapman

Far too few traders know the difference between overbought/sold and strong/weak..........

This is vital for staying in both winning trades and exiting losing trades.......

#48     Mar 31, 2010
  9. if you can not determine what will happen, then do not do it. it is a gambling.
    I do believe the market's unpredictable characteristic (some times) creates lots of confusions and illusions. but in some time, the market's move is very predictable. of course, to distinguish the inpredictable from the predictable is hard.
    in jessise livemore's book, I read a story about a trader and a tipster. tipster tipped the trader about some big guy buy in a particular stock, the trader first stunned the tipster, he dumped 10k shares, while not buy 10kshares. why? the trader wants to know there do be someone there big enough to buy, he used SELL 10kshares to exam the market's strength and find out the answer.
    most people here just buy after he heard the tipster's tips even sit here or go to chat room to seek tips. how can they make money?

#49     Mar 31, 2010
  10. Traders fail because the market is perfectly competitive, therefore unpredictable and random, and they are trading noise. It's the same as playing roulette - no amount of discipline, planning, strategy, money management or emotional control can help you make money in the long run.

#50     Mar 31, 2010