My Grandma bought Facebook at 42

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ChkitOut, May 29, 2012.

1. piezoe

piezoe

As a retail buyer, Never, Never, ever, buy an IPO if it is being underwritten by an investment bank.

#11     May 29, 2012
  2. hajimow

hajimow

Is it her real pic? If I were you, I would not let her suffer more. I will force her to close her position. She is definitely in pain. She looks rich though. How many shares did she buy? 30?

#12     May 29, 2012
  3. Grazing at the Golden Corral... A fine American dining experience.

#13     May 29, 2012
  4. this isn't going to end well.

:D :D :D

s

#14     May 29, 2012
  5. Why?

#15     May 29, 2012
  6. this help you out...........:)

face plant

RIP.

s

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/whlzFWwVv98?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/whlzFWwVv98?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

#16     May 29, 2012
  7. this just in........

face crap breaks 29.00 pesos.

ouch.

s

:D

#17     May 29, 2012
  8. Facebook made it clear that the company believed it was different from other companies. It could straightfacedly value itself at $104bn even though it had just $3.7bn in revenues, for instance. It angled for the title of the "the People's IPO" and promised that one-fourth of the shares sold would go to regular mom-and-pop investors – even though the putative "people" would be buying overpriced shares from insiders eager to cash out.

JP Morgan, one of the bank's underwriters, added to the hype by slapping Facebook logos all over its headquarters like a school girl doodling the class hunk's name into a notebook.

There was incompetence:

Nasdaq, the company's chosen exchange, froze up and delayed the IPO three times in the space of an hour because it couldn't handle the volume of orders from investors – a good number of whom appeared to be rushing for the exits to sell the stock.

And finally, there may have been something in violation of securities laws. The most respected publications in the US reported that Facebook's chief financial officer tipped off research analysts at the company's three biggest banks that its upcoming financial results would be lower than expected.

The analysts then took the incredibly rare move of tipping off large investors to the specific negative impact this would have on Facebook's stock. Small investors had to resort to reading less educational entrails: a vague blurb in the latest regulatory filing about Facebook's trouble breaking into the mobile market.

Follow Heidi Moore on Twitter @moorehn

#18     May 29, 2012
  9. while grandma loses her life savings, this is what zuckerburg and wifey are up to over the weekend.

i'm not telling her though as not to upset her further.

[​IMG]

Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan paid a visit to the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City over the weekend ... where they gazed at one of the most famous works of art in the history of the world -- The Creation of Adam, courtesy of Michelangelo.

#19     May 29, 2012
  10. hajimow

hajimow

I see she is pregnant.

#20     May 29, 2012