MY God Hsi down almost 1000 points

Discussion in 'Trading' started by robinxing, Aug 1, 2007.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

I had flat last several days pf hsi trading, so after having a great 1 st hour yestarday, I dicided to call it a day and went to bed. When I saw what happenned after 11 I wanted to scream, serves me right though, should have stayed for the whole session.

#21     Aug 1, 2007
  2. mokwit

mokwit

We are all always convinced we would have done the right thing at the right time. Be grateful you weren't there to go long at the support and then double up.

#22     Aug 1, 2007
  3. joesan

joesan

In terms of extent of the drop,Hong Kong is not outstanding.. korea and taiwan dropped even more than HK, while Japan and shanghai similar downward percentage with HK.

Be careful, these mkts will be very volatile in the next few days. Could be helpful or dangerous depending on your trading style .

#23     Aug 1, 2007
  4. Really, you thought it unusual, WOW what insight you should work the a major hedge fund with comments like that. Why the influx of morons just recently?

Mate get a bit wider perspective before you come on spouting this crap, it is embarrasing. Numbers mean much less than % moves have a look at energy, metals, grains, softs etc and see how much they tend to move on "unusual days" even get a good charting package and and go back and look at the historic moves in some of these markets.

You are obviously a kid who has been around for like a week or so and it shows. Many of us have been around a wee bit longer and have seen many unusual things that become usual in a longer term perspective. I remember the HSI at 5000 then saw it rally to 15000 then collapse WAY back so sorry if I cant get excited about this.

Sorry if I sound rude but these days happen and you shouldnt read too much into it just deal with it. Volatilty is part of this business, without it it is very hard to make money.

#24     Aug 1, 2007
  5. Joab

Joab

ROFLMAO

#25     Aug 1, 2007
  6. Could be helpful or dangerous depending on your trading style
    =============================================

you mean counter trend or trend following ?

#26     Aug 1, 2007
  7. joesan

joesan

Do some backtests.

#27     Aug 1, 2007
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

Wow what a session. The best I ever had. 200 point move within minutes.

#28     Aug 1, 2007
  9. Pretty nice today too red. More predictable (by me anyway) so suits me better.

Bogan,

Play nice! (lol, coming from me).
    Although percentages are not as stunning we've seen the biggest points gap and biggest day all in a week. And the volatility certainly changes the entry requirements and the rewards for holding. Wow ... :)

#29     Aug 1, 2007
  10. gangof4

gangof4

how far did you/have you ridden the short? congrats. 731 point down from the day's high in the HHI.HK- really, more brutal than last night.

Red: so you were the one taking my $ for those 200 points! COL (cry out loud)...

i got cute and thought i had the reversal pegged- i was right for 50 points, but that went up in smoke in about a nanosecond. i hesitated to look @ different chart, turned my head, and... woosh. the only thing i've done right was finally throwing in the towel and taking my 140 point beating- that was @ 12595- good thing, cause we're @12338 now! support meant absolutely nothing.

#30     Aug 2, 2007