My Gmail account was hacked 6-10-11

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zr1Trader, Jun 10, 2011.

1. fooking hell my yahoo account just got hacked. sent a bunch of emails to my contact list asking for a western Union money transfer. I was able to log in and change my password. This frigging sucks.
    I dont know what else they migh have gleaned from my emails, bank acct numbers? website passwords?

Checked the log in activity on account settings..it writes logged in from Nigeria.

Fucking nigerian scumbags!!!!

Is this email fucked then? Should i create a new one?

#21     Sep 22, 2011
  2. Eight

Eight

Yahoo is just doomed to fail on you so much more than Google... People I know that use Yahoo seem to have problems... get a Gmail account, get 2-step security...

I logged into a public computer for a friend of mine only about a week ago, he wanted to access his Yahoo mail.. so we very carefully enter HIS password into the Yahoo site and we are in somebody else's email account!! A guy that uses those computers observed, he says that happens everytime if a user doesn't log out of their Yahoo email account!! After that I did something with Yahoo, I wanted to get into a group and i had not logged into my yahoo account for years.. so they have this two-step security, right? I'm waiting for the text message, it never arrives so I click on "next" and it lets me in anyhow!! They have fake two step security.. that's like a fake video camera but everybody knows it's a fake!!

That moron of a CEO at Yahoo had a chance to sell the whole thing last year for some long coin and he passed it up!! That was like when Napster got bought by some idiots and everybody [nearly] knew it was nearly worthless.. but at least the people at Napster had sense enough to sell it!!

#22     Sep 22, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

hee hee.. I was searching to find out how to do a local backup of gmail, found a program that does it... you have to tell it your username and password!!

I got hacked years ago because I used an Auction Sniper that required my ebay login info.. I risked it and guess what? I got hacked, Ebay locked my account and my Paypal, I've never sorted out the Paypal thingy to this day because they just will not resolve it except via phone call [regardless of what they otherwise say] and I hate that...

#23     Sep 22, 2011
  4. Something really fucked up is going on at Yahoo. I changed my password to a really random one and i got hacked AGAIN! i scanned for keyloggers on all my comps, nothing found..this is BS man.

fucking NIgerian bastards. Pieces of fucking shit

#24     Sep 22, 2011
  5. r-in

r-in

I have 3 Yahoo email acounts and none have been hacked. I use very independent passwords, and definitely none are any form of words. I keep a list of passwords and none repeat and don't get why anyone would use simple passwords. Not saying you do, but I read the wife the riot book because she used common phrases at work.

#25     Sep 22, 2011
  6. Eight

Eight

You probably have a keystroke logger on your computer... For all my windows machines I have the OS disc. The minute I think something is wrong I format the hdd and reinstall windows and all the software... That's why I like having Windows behind a whitelisting firewall for business and surf with a Mac... Windows was never designed for networking in the first place, it never will be secure, ever.. the only way to have it is whitelisted and the only reason to have it is for business...

#26     Sep 22, 2011