My friend's trading problem

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by millionaire7, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that happened to me the first time i traded like the first day first trade but then i made three other trades the same day and they felt normal from then on the first one was weird and it was actually a loser lmao!!!

#21     May 23, 2008
  2. buylo

buylo

Trade one (1) lots you pussy.

#22     May 23, 2008
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Trade very small % of your account.

Learn wash trades (Jack Hershey speak).

Develop your edge so you've got 100% faith.

#23     May 23, 2008
  4. how bout selling the signals instead of the system?

give a free trial of 1 week or 1 month to anyone who is interested so they can paper trade your signal via hotcomm or paltalk or icq, skype, etc.

i don't know how you trade but for me the following steps apply:

0. establish target (.eg 1 point on ES)
    1. establish short or long direction. (ready)
    2. establish price range for execution (steady)
    3. (go) i already know that i will short at .75 or buy at 0.25 on the ES so it's a matter of saying:

"go long". meaning if if the price is 1376.50, place the order at 1376.25.

and "go short"means place order at 1376.75.

u don't have to disclose chart setup, time frame, indicators, etc.

in fact you can start subscription service. the only problem would be figuring out how to stop abuse of the system by those who setup new names/ email addresses to keep their free trial forever.

i suppose you can limit subscription to 10 people and charge something like $2k per month each provided you can generate at 10 times the profit per month with 10 contracts.

after a few months or a year, im sure you can trade with 1 or more contract as u watch ur subscribers make money from your system while you make peanuts from the subscription.

#24     May 23, 2008
  5. Seriously

I'm sure he can pull the trigger on at least 100 shares

If not, he's got bigger things to worry about than trading

#25     May 23, 2008
  6. Dr. Ned Gandevani addresses this topic "Why Can't You Pull The Trigger" in his book "How To Become A Successful Trader"...
    Also his SFO magazine article (not sure which month/year) with same title.

This book analyzes trader personality types/profiles while addressing key trading issues.

regards,
    Suri

#26     May 23, 2008
  7. Just a thought ... have him paper trade the system until it has a losing trade or a string of losing trades, then jump in for real.

#27     May 23, 2008
  8. limau2

limau2

fail to trigger is called "FREEZE"
    totally normal thing...the mind has been frozen.

Tell him, he need to pull the trigger , NOT to prove his system is correct, but, jut to prove that he can pull the TRIGGER..allow him 5 trigger-happymoments, before he put his systems to real test..TRy it with this mental make-up :p

#28     May 24, 2008
  9. Manni

Manni

Ahhhh grasshopper, you must first ask yourself whether you afraid of losing money or losing faith in your system which may not work.

Confucius said, "Grasshopper, as soon as you are able to grab points from the futures everyday for two weeks, then you may leave the temple. . . "

#29     May 24, 2008
  10. Thanks...

#30     May 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.