My friend's trading problem

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by millionaire7, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insist that your friend read "Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas, with particular emphasis on the latter chapters. He needs to understanding that knowing whether the next trade is going to be a winner is irrelevant to trading success. This is a statistical game. Assuming he truly has a trading edge and proper trade management, then over time, that statistical edge will make him consistently profitable.

#11     May 20, 2008
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

has his wife pulling the trigger instead, real case, I kid you not.

#12     May 20, 2008
  3. That's brilliant. :)

She will of course, follow the sytem perfectly because she doesn't know any better, and has no types of prejudicial knowledge about the markets to tell her anything but to do so.

Whereas he is stuck in the middle of his development as a trader and can't move forward to a place where he can capitalize on his knowledge.

#13     May 20, 2008
  4. Thanks for the replies :)

#14     May 21, 2008
  5. Thanks Mandel.

#15     May 21, 2008
  6. HSC.1775

HSC.1775

If he start trading right now, disaster is right around the corner. The system could be incredible, but it will certainly enter a rough period. He needs to get his head straight before trading even if this takes months! Greed is the only reason to start pulling the trigger before he is emotionally ready. We all know what happens to greedy traders!

#16     May 21, 2008
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Hire someone who *can* pull the trigger.

#17     May 21, 2008
  8. Nah, if the guy has half-a-brain, he's definitely going to co-opt (ie., steal) your friend's system.

It's better to just keep it in the family, and/or keep working on the psyche.

#18     May 21, 2008
  9. At the risk of spoiling this thread, I think that we are only party to some of the story.
    You should get "your friend" to expand on his journey here on ET.

regards
    f9

#19     May 21, 2008
  10. Hmmm... would that be me?? haha Miss ya on Paltalk bro!!!

#20     May 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.