My First Year

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PohPoh, Aug 29, 2006.

1. HAHA...
    No one got my Old School joke - Which was lovely...
    She had a gift certificate..
    Actually, I hate the OG...Bad Italian food for fat people...

#11     Aug 29, 2006
  2. I have no debt, thank god.
    I have no house though - i still rent. I can't bring myself to buy something down here in SOCAL. It's just insane...

I guess I should keep doing things the way I have been - I guess i just wish I had 10 times the money to trade with - and that in and of itself could be a curse, because i know that trading size can cause more issues with slippage, and fees, and what not..

#12     Aug 29, 2006
  3. I have been trading for just under a year and would consider myself somewhat conservative compared to my colleagues. I am a daytrader and keep my trades to about 1% of my account. I have a rather modest account that is growing slowly. If things continue as they have, I will be looking at around a 30% return for my first year.

What is considered a good return for conservative traders who plan on consistant returns year after year? should I be risking more of my capital on each trade?

#13     Aug 29, 2006
  4. dazed101

dazed101

haha, yeah, basically a good house in a good neighborhood in SOCAL will cost you at least $1million. Prices are insane here!

#14     Aug 29, 2006