***my First Post***

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by I Trade 4 Money, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Joab

Joab

OP, (original poster)

Be smart and join a GOOD prop firm.

Put up $5000 and get $100,000 buying power and more importently TRAINING.

benchmarqtrading.com

#41     Oct 11, 2006
  2. Quote from Kastro_316:Are you for real?

That's what I'm wondering. Either a jokester or he's got poor reading comprehension or just a tradin' fanatic.

#42     Oct 11, 2006
  3. No. I'm fake. I'm forced to trade the way I trade because I have classes from 2:30-10:00 every tuesday and thursday.

#43     Oct 11, 2006
  4. Thanks for the website. I'm definitely going to consider this firm. Getting 20:1 is the type of leverage I'm looking for. What are the commission structures? Do you learn how to scalp there? Thanks for the advice.

#44     Oct 11, 2006
  5. mnx

mnx

Yeah man, definitely join a prop firm... your commissions will be much lower. and you might have some smart people around you to learn from...

cheers!

mnx

#45     Oct 11, 2006
  6. Thanks man!

#46     Oct 11, 2006
  7. So what are you going to do if there is a bear market? Hope your not trying to limit yourself to just longs.

#47     Oct 11, 2006
  8. SHORT baby SHORT. Adapt to changing conditions.

#48     Oct 11, 2006
  9. Leverage is a wonderful thing when you are building a business, and you have the necessary tools and experience to be successful. The only thing an inexperienced highly leveraged trader has is future debt.

#49     Oct 11, 2006

10. I am sure a lot of traders got a chuckle out of your post. I know I did. Forget if you can about being rich. You are 24, cmon all I did was drink and chase girls when I was your age. Second and most importantly calling yourself a loser is silly. Never judge your self worth by material shit. Warren Buffet lives in a modest ranch home, is he a loser? Your life situation is irrelevant. Although if you want a girlfriend (questionable proposition) try asking a few girls out. Be bold!!

As far as trading goes there are many paths for you. You may consider a job in the industry, start as a runner, back office clerk,
    work for a market maker, work for a Scotttrade, the possibilities are endless. My advice would be to read as many posts as you can to try to shortcut your mistakes. Leverage is a crowbar in any industry and it hurts a lot when it swings against you, ask any options or futures trader. There is lots of great information on career paths on this site. I would advise you to consider trading as a career first then you can scheme about getting rich all you want and get paid for it. LOL.

#50     Oct 11, 2006