***my First Post***

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by I Trade 4 Money, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Thanks for your suggestions and encouragement. I just like to briefly state my current trading philosophy. I hold no more than 5 stocks at a time. Don't fall in love with a stock... if the stock falls below 10% the purchase price... sell. Follow the trend. After 2 weeks of purchase, sell 2 stocks that are either moving sideways or trending downwards and replace them with stocks that are trending upwards. I'm going to refine my system as time goes on. I read books by O'neil and Murphy. I've been trading for almost an year and half. Just started trading after a 2 month break.

#31     Oct 11, 2006
  2. Nope, not for a second. It's got Romik calling card written all over it.

#32     Oct 11, 2006
  3. Spxdes

Spxdes

Don't just trade because you want to make money. Trade because you love it. It needs be your passion. You have to wake up every morning and love what you do. Trying to trade to "get rich quick" is the absolute WRONG way to go about it.

Learn from books, learn from good traders on ET....maybe consider joining a respectable trading firm and get a mentor. Don't focus on making any money now....focus on not losing money!! Be patient, work hard and eventually you will get it.

-spxdes

#33     Oct 11, 2006
  4. Tums

Tums

You have a clearly defined goal. You are ahead of 90% of the people lurking here.

Not everybody has imagination; don't let them hold you back. Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can be achieved. (N. Hill)

What you need is to work out a step by step approach to achieve your goal. Some people here have already given you lots of help. Read their posts again (...and again).

go to this link and download Trump's audio lesson. You might find it useful.
    http://www.whywewantyoutoberich.com/

I think you will make it. (but not with your current plan.)

#34     Oct 11, 2006
  5. Please do not waste your time with stock trading.

Instead, use Natural Gas Futures.

These babies give you the license to make $$$ really quickly.

Try to find a broker that gives you a $500 margin deal, so you can immediately start maxing out your account with 40-50 contract positions.

#35     Oct 11, 2006
  6. LOL

#36     Oct 11, 2006
  7. ror, it's not even funny.

#37     Oct 11, 2006
  8. I would love to trade futures, because of the leverage. Unfortunately. I know nothing about futures trading. I understand the same technical indicators from stock trading can shift over to futures tradnig though.

#38     Oct 11, 2006
  9. I'm going to change my trading philosophy as soon as i graduate from college. Juust a litlle over two months to go.

#39     Oct 11, 2006
  10. Are you for real?

#40     Oct 11, 2006