My first post; some observations on trading.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by abc1, Sep 2, 2007.

1. sjd231

sjd231

coming from retail trading and working my way to trading professionally, i believe that the game is very different, you are right, it is less risky (mainly due to leverage), and commission rates are very signifigant differences, however, there are also many other advantages to being a professional trader. The mindset alone allows me to look at this thread and shake my head with disgust. The good samaritan in me wants to help the people on this site become profitable and enjoy the wonderful lifestyle that trading can give you, but the trader side of my loves the fact that they keep giving me their money.

#51     Sep 6, 2007
  2. man

man

useless. self contradicting. limited perspective.

#52     Sep 6, 2007
  3. abc1

abc1

So much wrong with your post.

Where's the ocnsistency in making more money in the last several years compared to your whole life.

If your colleagues are so successful why have they ever been off the trading floor. Why have they not retired ?

Finally no 'professional' - as you call yourself - would reply as you did in your final sentence.

abc1

#53     Sep 6, 2007
  4. abc1

abc1

Where has this concept of failure come from ?

abc1

#54     Sep 6, 2007
  5. abc1

abc1

I cannot believe you are suggesting more leverage implies less risk. That is an outrageous suggestion.

If it is that mindset which is allowing you to look at this thread and shake your head with disgust then keep shaking young man, keep shaking.

abc1

#55     Sep 6, 2007
  6. abc1

abc1

Depends what use you are looking for. My post was based on my observations and opinions from real life market participation. Read into it what you will.

Please expand on where you are reading any contradictions in my post.

Perspective is quite the opposite of limited. I could expand a lot but I'll save that for another day.

abc1

#56     Sep 6, 2007
  7. man

man

either you are a trader then how can you claim it is impossible,
    since everything is random. that is contradicting. or you are not
    a trader, then your post is not contradicting, just useless. and
    if your perspective had ever extended to rentec, you would not
    claim that edge is impossible.

funny topic for a first post. what did you expect out of this thread?
    useful interaction? doesn't make sense in the first place, remember?
    everything's random ...

#57     Sep 6, 2007
  8. man

man

and that is the best example for selfcontradicting i read in quite
    a while. how do the "few make money ... consistently" if "trading
    is pure chance"?

you seem to not really mean what you write, just kind of ... maybe
    you wait another year and give it another shot then ...

#58     Sep 6, 2007
  9. Man, another thread started by a loser who can't figure out how to make money consistently via trading....

Instead of keep posting here, Mr. Alphabet, just go get a corporate job because it's obvious that you do not have what it takes to become a successful trader.

Actually, with your attitude, I'm not sure if you have what it takes to be successful in any career. :D

#59     Sep 6, 2007
  10. ravan

ravan

Stocks trade at high vol during earnings season and less vol during the rest. Given that they report earnings 4 times a year, with a bit of research I am sure one can buy "straddles" during low VOL season to sell during earnings season.

http://tdairy.ponnur.com

#60     Sep 6, 2007