My first post on ET in 5 years. Has the signal-to-noise ratio improved here? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bluelou, Jan 13, 2021.

1. bluelou

bluelou

Where are you located? I'm in NYC, left "Wall St" about a dozen years ago.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    #61     Jan 14, 2021
  2. zdreg

zdreg

Patience.:D
    Don't forget to post on ET to announce the event.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    #62     Jan 14, 2021
    Snuskpelle, themickey and DiceAreCast like this.
  3. ironchef

ironchef

Indeed. :caution: You have been very low key and never bragged, we wouldn't know from your posts.

If I have spent 20 years in the derivative business, I won't find anything interesting there to talk about either.

#63     Jan 24, 2021
  4. tayte

tayte

I just got back after about 6 years. Still the same guys here who think random lines on a chart is all you need to make money... very disappointing.

#64     Mar 4, 2021
    zdreg and Turveyd like this.
  5. bluelou

bluelou

I actually think it's a bit better, or maybe I'm just participating in a smarter way. I've had a few substantive chats recently, where people actually learned something and there were few spammers. Is this the best site for quants or even institutional traders? No, but there's nothing wrong with stopping by every once in awhile.

#65     Mar 4, 2021
    tayte likes this.
  6. tayte

tayte

It's good to know you've had positive, productive dialogues here. Maybe I'll give it another chance. Have a good weekend.

#66     Mar 5, 2021
    bluelou likes this.
  7. There were some fun old threads. I think it was Tampa who posted a limerick once that I can't remember but I do remember it made me howl.

Barron sent me a t-shirt once that I wore with pride, back when I was willing to be seen in a t-shirt. Always <3'd him for that.

#67     Apr 12, 2021