My first post on ET in 5 years. Has the signal-to-noise ratio improved here? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bluelou, Jan 13, 2021.

1. bluelou

bluelou

I'm on closed paid sites and other sites. I was checking this one out again to see if it's changed. You're the first one to insult me directly, calling me 'stuck up'. Thx for that.

#31     Jan 13, 2021
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Stop banning people, based on 1 response, forum where most people are on ignore and don't know it, kinda ruins the point.

Stick to the closed paid sites, this is a hang out for bored frustrated partly crazy day traders mainly.

I don't like to mix my words, anytime :)

#32     Jan 13, 2021
    MarkBrown and bluelou like this.
  3. bluelou

bluelou

LOL. I appreciate your candor. Perhaps you're right that it's mostly bored day traders. I'm trading 100% systematic. Hoping to add a more qualitative global macro strategy soon (well, mix of quant/qual). I'll stick around here for awhile and maybe I'll find a comfortable spot.

#33     Jan 13, 2021
  4. Overnight

Overnight

The music and entertainment section is nice. Nothing there but fun.

#34     Jan 13, 2021
    KCalhoun and bluelou like this.
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

100% systematic, = no fun, no SL getting hit my 1tick before a 50pt move in your direction, no market changing direction every damn time you enter, how are you supposed to go completely crazy doing that.

#35     Jan 13, 2021
    comagnum likes this.
  6. DevBru

DevBru

Best advice is to instantly ban almost all the guys who post 10+ times a day.

Most of them are just whining all the time, claiming to be profitable or whatever but never can back it up.

True valuable post are rare and most of the time not posted by guys who are addicted to the markets or this forum and never can let something rest or step away for a while.

#36     Jan 13, 2021
    toby400, yc47ib and bluelou like this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

People who reply with personal attacks should be blocked.

#37     Jan 13, 2021
    Nobert likes this.
  8. themickey

themickey

If you have a VERY good talent at something, probably the rest of the world will view that person as being a bit strange at first.

#38     Jan 13, 2021
    Nobert likes this.
  9. bluelou

bluelou

Oh, there's plenty of getting stopped out by a single tick, entering on top ticks, just like discretionary traders. Just automated and driven by a recipe (i.e., algo). I'd be a horrible discretionary trader. But, if it's working for you, that's awesome.

#39     Jan 13, 2021
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I don’t know why you would come here and say “I’m back. Are you still degenerates?”

#40     Jan 13, 2021
    cesfx likes this.