My first day live

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Drew07, Oct 31, 2007.

1. nlslax

nlslax

Hi Guys,
    Excellent responses. I know it would have saved me $ and time had I heard it years ago. Thanks for sharing.

#11     Nov 1, 2007
  2. nlslax

nlslax

Drew - Good Luck.

Go Noles!!!

My kids and $ are both there.
    :D

#12     Nov 1, 2007
  3. cber

cber

4. Drew07

Drew07

Incase anyone was wondering I completely got my ass handed to me today. I don't even know how to describe what hapenned to me in the last 7 hours. I'm embarassed and a little sick to my stomach. I have a lot more respect for you guys that have been doing this for a while without going broke. I'm pretty pissed off and having a hard time coming up a positive spin to put on the situation other than I'll probably get a nice Christmas card from my broker for churning so many god damn commissions.

#14     Nov 1, 2007
  5. Search for AHG it's in the forums, all in there, lots to learn, lots to read but should pay off.

Anek

#15     Nov 1, 2007
  6. Today was all part of the learning experience. Expect a few more years of pain like today before you make it as a trader..

#16     Nov 1, 2007
  7. Today was a downtrending day with a little reversal fake out during lunch.

Days like this are rare but can be very very profitable or very very dangerous if you are new to the jungle.

Reorganize your thoughts and go back to the simulator to preserve capital.

Got a hunch you require more screen time before going live which is usually the case for most.

Sorry you had a bad start.

Anek

#17     Nov 1, 2007
  8. Cesko

Cesko

DO NOT FREAK OUT AND STAY COOL!!!!!!

#18     Nov 1, 2007
  9. Boib

Boib

Hey Drew; don't despair. Losing on your first day could be a good thing.

The question is did you learn anything of value?

Give us a blow by blow of your beating. Let us know what you did and more importantly why you did it. Just writing it down may be a great help.

Best in the future.

#19     Nov 1, 2007
  10. Drew07

Drew07

I'm not going to go too in depth right now since I'll just send myself into a deeper depression talking about it. I basically did everything I told myself not to do. I got emotional about the money, got off to a bad start early and tried to get revenge and make it back which just killed me even more. I wasn't confident in my stops. And for some stupid ass reason I was long biased in the back of my head all day and kept anticipating a rally....very stupid. I spent most of the day second guessing if I had any business trading at all. I did have a couple of good profitable shorts one being right before the close. They helped my confidence a small bit but I still feel like a loser.

#20     Nov 1, 2007