MY FIRST 1G Day

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chewbacca, Aug 5, 2005.

1. I'm soooooo fucking pissed. Yeah I made 3k which is over 10x my highest profit before, but all I had to do was hold my original winner and I would've had the potential to be up over 7k. I realize now that its not the money that statisfies my, its the execution. Keep cutting losers, and hold winners until they really top out.

#21     Aug 5, 2005
  2. KevinK

KevinK Guest

I think what it comes down to is what side you are on on some of these outrageously priced IPO's. congrats, but be careful because these things can come down just as fast as they go up...
    congrats on your 1g day

#22     Aug 5, 2005
  3. God has smiled upon you today! :))

good trade hehe

I know you'll have a great weeked this week :)

#23     Aug 5, 2005
  4. mhashe

mhashe

lol, I stayed away from GOOG ipo cause I thought it was over priced.

#24     Aug 5, 2005
  5. congrats. I can't even recall my first 1g trade. but it's a whole different market.

#25     Aug 5, 2005
  6. nice work chewy!

#26     Aug 5, 2005
  7. F. d'Anconia

F. d'Anconia Guest

60g days? Am curious as to what markets you trade?

#27     Aug 5, 2005
  8. IB is pretty useless today for BIDU today
    Not sure why IB never get it right on IPO...

#28     Aug 5, 2005
  9. Don't be so hard on yourself. With a volatile stock like this (look at what happened during the first few minutes when it retraced all its gains), you can't be expected to nail the top or the bottom.

I was scared to play with BIDU, so instead I bought NTES 80 puts after NTES rocketed up $6 in 20 minutes. I set up an exit order, and an audible alert 20 cents below it, but it came crashing down so quickly that I didn't have a chance to change the order after the alert triggered. So I got filled for $4.20 when ultimately I could have gotten over $5 for them. But I made 50 cents/share in a round trip that lasted 3.5 minutes, and am fairly happy about that.

I suspect we'll have more chances to trade these wild swings for another couple days.

#29     Aug 6, 2005
  10. If you took profits on friday that is good, Cramer said sell sell sell on mad money so it will probably go down Monday. It dropped $3 on his word, as he was talking.

#30     Aug 6, 2005