My favorite NFL team is...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 21, 2003.

1. I had an unsettling revelation after Sunday's horrifying display by the Redskins. My favorite NFL team is the Cougars, the fictional team on ESPN's Playmakers series. I realized I actually care if they win out and make the playoffs. I care about the players, and I'm rooting for the coach to get well. The real NFL is beginning to remind me of the NBA, bunch of grossly overpaid whiners and thugs who refuse to use the most basic discipline in their play.

2. I agree that the NFL and NBA are starting to head in the same direction. Although the NBA is even worse, with the number of teenagers opting out of college ball and going straight to the pros. I see better fundamental basketball when I watch good high school players run a disciplined offense and play good defense as well...The NBA is sorely lacking...

The NFL, aside from the Fantasy Football Leagues, holds no interest for me any longer. Due to free agency, no teams can build a long term winning franchise, its a completely diluted league and last years champs turn into next years goats. It's sad to watch. Case in point, is the dilemma with Monday Night Football, in which they schedule what appear to be good match ups a year or two in advance only to see the games turn into lopsided blowouts or teams that are equally inept...

The other night I came across something that was very interesting. One of the executives for the Pittsburgh Steelers was asked, in 1998, what the chances would be of having all the players from the Steelers dynasty of the 1970's. He laughed, and then he went about calculating the fair market value for each of the starters on offense and defense. According to his estimates, the Steelers defense alone would equal the 1998 salary cap of $51million with conservative pay packages. That doesnt even address the offense with Harris, Bradshaw, Swann, Stallworth and that solid offensive line...Another interesting fact was that no offensive lineman from that team earned in excess of $100,000, in fact most were paid well below that...Bradshaw, in his heyday, made $400,000...Jack Lambert, after holding out from the 1977 camp, was offered $200,000 per season...

Who says there is no inflation...lol

3. Pabst

Pabst

Did you mean the player's or Daniel Snyder?

4. Well Snyder is nothing compared to Wilcox, the venal asshole who owns the Cougars. Norv Turner might disagree though.

5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I love Football and Love Basketball that much more... Ill take them over any other sports anywhere anytime....there is nothing like sitting in front of the tube all day sunday.....the only time my wife knows she cant ask me for shit.....You cant blame them for acting the way they do, period, coaches are letting the stars get away with murder...If you are on my squad; I dont give a flying f**k if ur name is T. Owens you are out of here if you whine like a lil biacth on National TV....but nooooooooooo too much pressure to win... you have to keep him in and pass him the rock......

but all and all......BASKETBALL FEVER catch it...................Pat Riley pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

GO MARLINS

p.s....need i say who my fav team is in the NFL??? although i like Spurrier from my Gator days.......

6. ElCubano,

Don't be surprised if Spurrier is back coaching the Gators next season. He's not working out with the Redskins and the Gators have stunk without him.

7. ElCubano

ElCubano

Zook has definetly got to goooooooooooo.... 5-3 is Not where me Gators should be.....Suprrier had it made.. $2 million and playing golf in a laid back eviroment, dominating the SEC with hungry guys who dont make the millions yet.....Why he would jump in to the boiler room is beyond me...

8. The Vikings rock this year with a coach that has a big set of BALL$ (unlike Green). Coaching is always the difference...ALWAYS!!!

The Vikes are going to the big show this year... WATCH! :D