My experiences with FX Autotrading a live account

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by FX245, May 15, 2007.

1. fx245 - not to steal your thunder - but I'm going to test out ForexFiesta C4 for a few days. I thought FF KO was too similar in the market direction to ATR Channel. So I'm trying C4 for a little while. Should give me more EUR and CHF exposure and less GBP.

Thanks - Minnelli

#51     May 29, 2007
  2. FX245

FX245

daily statement of 30May2007 - see attached.

We had a bad day today: -69

5 closed trades: -69

2 open trades - floating P/L +21

balance: 5993 (-0.1%)
    equity: 6015 (+0.3%)

cheerio

#52     May 30, 2007
  3. FX245

FX245

daily statement of 31May2007 - see attached.

We had an pretty OK day today: +47

1 closed trades:
    +49 ATR Channel GBPUSD

3 open trades - floating P/L -10

starting balance: 6000 (14MAY2007)
    current balance: 6041 (+0.7%)
    current equity: 6030 (+0.5%)

#53     Jun 1, 2007
  4. Interesting Thread:)

I always considered the buying/selling blackbox/EA-system business as somewhat dubious. Good to see someone putting it to an what seems to me unbiased test with some real money.

Do you see discrepancies with the advertised results and your own results? Its probably too early to tell after just one month.

#54     Jun 1, 2007
  5. FX245

FX245

daily statement of 31May2007 -

now with the correct attachment

#55     Jun 1, 2007
  6. FX245

FX245

Hi Pipi436,

Thanks for your reply ...

What exactly do you find dubious about "the buying/selling blackbox/EA-system business"? Please elaborate.

Excellent question about the discrepancies with the advertised results and my own results !
    I just did a small analysis on 1 of the signals - see attached ...

ATRChannel GBPUSD
    - 15 trades
    - 2 trades where the advertised (FX-performance.com) results are 1 pip better
    - 6 trades where my own results are better: 1, 1, 1, 3, 3 & even 4 pips
    - overall my results are 11 pips better then advertised results on 15 trades - that's not bad...

fx-auto, could you please comment on this ? is my concmlusion correct?

#56     Jun 1, 2007
  7. fx-auto

fx-auto ET Sponsor

Hi,
    First thing:
    Our platform is not to be confused with some "black box system", we are offering the client to build a portfolio from the best performing pairs of over 60 3rd party systems.
    This reduces overexposure to the fragility of one system, realistically the user can pick out subcomponents of 2 losing systems and build a winning portfolio, this level of flexibilty empowers the trader with a completely new angle of approaching automated FX trading.
    There are only a handful of the systems using EA's, many are manual traders - Ubertrading, Forexfighter, etc. Others are programmed strategies from Tradestation, Intellicharts or other similar applications.

Moving onto the performance pages, yes this would be an accurate indication of posted V live. Sometimes pip better, sometimes a pip worse, in the long term it is negligable. We audit posted versus live regularly to ensure optimum correlation. Our reconcilliation engine is able to average all the live accounts history to produce the performance report. Under normal market conditions all clients execution is confined to a small range.

ATRChannel GBPUSD
    - 15 trades
    - 2 trades where the advertised (FX-performance.com) results are 1 pip better
    - 6 trades where my own results are better: 1, 1, 1, 3, 3 & even 4 pips
    - overall my results are 11 pips better then advertised results on 15 trades - that's not bad...

fx-auto, could you please comment on this ? is my concmlusion correct?

#57     Jun 1, 2007
  8. FX245

FX245

fxauto,

thanks for the reply !

question: I see 4 open trades violating the max -300 pips rule (see attached) - I'm sure several of these have been opened after the the new rules has been introduced ... can you please explain ??

PS: happy I don't have my money on GFS-Wizard USDCAD - the wizrd is back, but how ??

Cheers.

#58     Jun 1, 2007
  9. FX245

FX245

daily statement of 01JUN2007 - see attached.

We had a negative day today: -27

4 closed trades
    3 open trades - floating P/L +31
    starting balance: 6000 (14MAY2007)
    current balance: 6013(+0.2%)
    current equity: 6045 (+0.8%)

All in all not a good week - let's hope that next week will be better ...

#59     Jun 1, 2007
  10. Hi FX245,

I'm following your posts and commentary...I find it interesting since I independently picked almost exactly the same portfolio you seem to have. Let's hope we have good judgment :)

Tyler

#60     Jun 2, 2007