My Experiences with E2T

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by drycleaner41, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Not sure if I have posted about this before. Anyway, here is a high level overview of what I've gone through with Earn2Trade.

I don't know exactly how many Gauntlets I went through, but it was a decent amount. I passed my first one last year (in the summer, IIRC). I was given a live account. I initially did well, and pulled out some $. I pulled out a bit too much, probably not giving myself enough room. I blew up following the FOMC one day and lost that account.

I passed my second Gauntlet earlier this year. I have been trading my account with Helios since then. I have pulled a little money out, but things have been slow for me overall. My goal is to survive, learn, and just stay in the game.

The people at E2T are very helpful. Same with the people at Helios. I see a lot of people on here complaining about E2T, but the problem is likely with you, not them. If you can't take the responsibility of screwing up, then you shouldn't be trying to be a trader anyway. I think it is very possible to pass the Gauntlet mini and then make money trading through Helios.

legionx, userque, Earn2Trade and 3 others like this.
  2. Someone commented (and then deleted) that they allow traders to "overlever." Cool, McDonalds allows you to order and eat as much food as you want. It doesn't mean I go there every day and order 8 big macs and 4 mcflurries

jtlexington likes this.
  3. TRS

TRS

Appreciate your honest review.
    Admittedly we all have to start somewhere and it’s up to the individual to choose what’s right for themselves.
    That said, few of the people ‘complaining’ here are not ‘trying’ to be traders, they are traders. They are pointing out rules that are designed to increase the failure rate. Intraday trailing drawdown on unrealized profit being a prime example.
    Your coin you do with it what you want.
    Good luck on your journey.

4. I agree that the trailing drawdown rule is an issue.

legionx likes this.
  5. I have tried TopStep and it seems that their business model is more about failing traders and making money off of that, rather than trying to get them through. This was awhile ago though, so maybe things have changed? Not sure what the Swing Trading Micro contract is

6. traderjo

traderjo

With the above comment you will be labelled , sour grapes! LOL can't trade so complain... etc
    grabbing Test fees from thousands and hope to fund very few is the business model ! Real True prop firms don;t do all this BS! they hunt talent at own costs.

7. English, please

8. traderjo

traderjo

Hi Drycleaner 41
    My post was in support of your sentiments and comments.. if you search on ET anybody who raises questions you have raised about this business model is immediately labelled as a naysayer, negative becasue he/ she is a failed trader... what you have raised is very valid question "Test fee based so called Props" are many times criticized for two features
    1) Business models real motive!
    2) Hamster wheel of tests
    3) unrealistic or somewhat questionable marketing such s not disclosing what the real funding is? is it notional or real? ( If a props firms business is true motive is to find talented traders and fund them then they really don't need to market themselves,, unless there is a severe shortage of traders, simple logic . On the other hand )

9. Does E2T have a customer support phone number--I do not see it on their website? I know that TST and OUP have one and are pretty good with trader support.

#10     Jul 12, 2020