My experiences as a Hedge Fund Startup

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by HFStartup, Oct 2, 2010.

1. I thought the entire post was a made up fake post based on the post made by nonlinear5

"HFStartup and retaildaytrader are the same poster, playing a game on ET by responding to himself, and sometimes making identical posts, as shown below."

I suppose i was wrong. Never mind.

-gariki

#131     Oct 19, 2011
  2. You said first, there was no point in soliciting investors on ET, (waste of time) then you spent like 10 posts defending the legality of it.
    ----------------------------------

LOL, you sound about as smart as the majority of the OWSers out there.

Lets do a basic Language course.

Sentence A: YOU SAID FIRST, THERE WAS NO POINT OF SOLICITING INVESTORS ON ET. Correct, 99% are broke dicks, 99ers out of work for 99 weeks, students, academics or some poor suit and tie chap tired of talking to his cube mate.

Sentence B: THEN YOU SPEND 10 POST OF DEFENDING THE LEGALITY OF IT. Why, Waston, YES I did. THE LEGALITY OF SOLICITATION ON ET as USING ET TO FIND INVESTORS IS NOT ILLEGAL, as long as they are ACCREDITED.

I built a serious client base from calling the "MANUFACTURING GUIDES" across the country. Of course, I had to ask accreditation questions once I got the owner of "Said" manufacture on the phone.

So, what is the difference between cold calling a "Manufactures" guide and farming ET LEGALLY? NOTHING YOU ASS CLOWN.

This BULLSHIT START UP HEDGE FUND, or Incubator fund can solicit, if he chooses to, ET. Of course there is the cooling off period after the initial contact berfore you can send a prospectus. 30 days after you cold call and send a basic letter and business card, then you can call to send a Prospectus.

Thanks, it's been fun playing with you wana be "HEDGE FUND", Investment bank, Capital Raising idiots but now I'm bored.

#132     Oct 19, 2011
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Thanks, asshole...

I didn't read your diatribe, but I am sure you were right... :)

Oh yeah, the important part from my post: It matters not, how you interpret the rules. What matters how the SEC interprets it...

#133     Oct 19, 2011
  4. Initiative
    Lose initiative lose everything
    My number one strategy rule.

#134     Oct 22, 2011
  5. I like it !
    Especially applies after a string of losing trades....when you to begin to hesitate.

#135     Oct 22, 2011
  6. Over the past year I have posted my experiences of starting a hedge fund on this thread. I have tried to be as open and honest as possible both in my intentions and in my mistakes. More often than not, this effort has resulted in attacks on my integrity, trading experience and ability, even my identity (posting under multiple accounts).

I have a thick skin and can look past all of that. However, at this point, like many other ET threads, this effort has reached a point of diminishing returns. After much contemplation, I have decided to cease updating this thread and focus on the continued development of my hedge fund. I have learned a great deal over this past year and I am eager to continue to expand that knowledge through other sources.

I would like to thank everyone who made constructive criticisms and sought to educate rather than attack those involved in this thread. Anyone interested in continuing to correspond about the subject of starting up a hedge fund is welcome to contact me privately.

Thanks and God bless.

#136     Oct 31, 2011
  7. Sorry Dude, but unless you are living with your head in the sand, you should have expected this on this particular forum especially.
    Good luck.

#137     Nov 1, 2011
  8. msiajoe

msiajoe

As I'm still new, I am forbidden from sending private message. HFStartup, can you pm me if you are free?

Thanks.

#138     Sep 22, 2013
  9. you couldnt save 125k in 2-3 years? you work in a gas station?

#139     Sep 23, 2013
  10. Nice post! Most people don't realize it is all about who you know and not what you know or can do!

I love part 3 where you have "Christian" values! In stead of saying "As a Christian" you all should be more honest with each other and say the truth. For example; replace the word "Christian" with "Hypocrite" like "As a Hypocrite" I may thank you today but will stick it to you tomorrow because I can ask for forgiveness!

Besides that great post in general...

#140     Sep 23, 2013