My Experience With Interactive Brokers

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by dimmi, Jun 11, 2008.

1. the customer service reps dont have authority to refund any money from complaint trades like yours.

slippage is the 'cost of trading'.....

#11     Jun 11, 2008
  2. Bad fills I have gotten are usually from my own stupidity.

Best stupid move done when I was relatively new to retail equities - few hundred share market order around noon in an OTC BB stock. Filled $0.60 away from where I thought the market was. Immediately realized myself for the chump I played, and nobody to blame but myself since I asked for it!!! Good learning experience.

Anecdotally I notice that those entities that clear through pershing seem to give worse fills than those who do not. No idea if that is relevant or not - just a personal observation.

Curiously, some of the best fills I have gotten have been through FIDO for the retirement account. Probably no rhyme or reason there either.

#12     Jun 11, 2008
  3. Bad fills = bad trader

#13     Jun 11, 2008
  4. dimmi

dimmi

Hi.. orders were entered hours ahead of time.

#14     Jun 11, 2008
  5. dimmi

dimmi

Not asking for a refund. Some of you seem to think I am here because I want a refund? ;)

I never in my life would have asked IB to refund any of this.. don't be silly.

I am just sharing my experience trading the markets I am.

#15     Jun 11, 2008
  6. worst slippage I've had on gold (ZG) was about a buck when news was released. this is to be expected. market can actually gap much larger than that. i prefer to be flat at such times.

#16     Jun 11, 2008
  7. This thread doesn't give enough information to determine whether this complainer's bad fills were the broker's fault or his own fault.

If he won't give more info, then I am going to assume it was the complainer's own fault.

He says "I am just sharing my experience...". I would put it differently. I would say he is just blaming others for his own shortcomings, and unfairly smearing the reputation of a good broker, to the detriment of its employees and customers.

#17     Jun 11, 2008

8. [​IMG]

"It's not the slippage that hurts, it's the hard landing" - J. Bustmeyer

#18     Jun 11, 2008
  9. dimmi

dimmi

IB reps respond regularly to posts concerning IB.

I was hoping they could respond here.. I would quite gladly give them some details and they can confirm that I have had the 10point slippage on Wheat.. etc etc.

I only posted yesterday so a little leeway is appropriate.

#19     Jun 11, 2008
  10. Tums

Tums

IB response to problem solving, not slanders. LOL

#20     Jun 11, 2008