my experience with E2T

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by atawil, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

The way that you approach this issue with a "LOL, it doesn't cost you anything" or that we should give something away for free so people can "donate more money to our company," isn't fair. Honestly, regarding the four claims, every single one of them is casual and even slightly disingenuous. We would lose money giving free resets, our candidates do not "donate" to our company (they pay for a service), we don't run a "bird in hand" business model, and we don't constantly run 50% sales.

Extending a "courtesy reset" as you call it would definitely cost the company money. Platform data and exchange fees are billed to us every month regardless of the rebilling period of the candidate. Those fees have to be paid by us. We can't just take total responsibility for anything that happens and reset accounts for the purpose of providing a "good customer service experience." I think it's fair to say that getting something for free anywhere would make anyone happy, but that has nothing to do with customer service.

Nobody "donates" to our company. We don't run a charity, we run a business, and our goal is to make money from it. We wouldn't run this as a charity because we are interested in making money, no less than the candidates who pay for the service to become professional traders. Everybody wants to make money here, and we're not ashamed of it.

We work very hard to ensure that issues within our control are dealt with promptly and effectively. We offer live support nearly around the clock and even for a short window on Sundays so that candidates don't have to wait endlessly for their issues to be addressed. This is not a "bird in hand" business model. We do our utmost and invest a lot of money to pay for a live support system, and we believe that it is recognized in our community.

We don't run 50% sales constantly; in fact, we haven't run them on the Mini at all. We have run a 40% promotion on one of our Minis each month since it was released. I don't know know if you are even criticizing us for this, but it's incorrect nonetheless.

We understand if you don't want to use our service again. We're not trying to trap anyone into working with us. We celebrate candidates who go on to trade professionally, and we don't differentiate for those who do so on their first or fourth Gauntlet.

#51     Jan 24, 2020
    cafeole and nguyentrader like this.
  2. The customer pays for a month of data up front how does it cost you extra money when the resets dont extend the rebill date? Again i said its your company this forum was about cons of E2T and I added my 2 cents agreeing with the OP. This forum will be read by potential customers and they will weight the pros and cons of E2T minis. Im of the opinion that these "prop firms" are good entertainment could be good practice. If your good it would be a good deal spend 150-1000 for a shot at $1500 capital. Mistakes happen as in my topstep today(bought the deal they had last month) in step 2 of my 30k combine i mistakenly bought 3 contracts when my limit is 2. TST gives you 10 secs to close out the position without having to reset in E2T your would instantly lose the account.

upload_2020-1-24_17-4-29.png

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    #52     Jan 24, 2020
  3. TRS

TRS

@caacapital.
    Hi, just curious as to why you would undertake a combine/evaluation with TST and undergo their 2 step evaluation process over say OneUpTrader or maybe E2T ( even given the grievances you have presented ). If I was interested in obtaining this form of funding I would personally have TST last of the three mentioned.

#53     Jan 24, 2020
    tyro likes this.
  4. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

For the regular Gauntlet, it does extend their subscription date, so it costs us extra in market data and operational costs. For the mini, while it doesn't extend their rebilling, we do have other costs involved in resetting an account, including the infrastructure costs to provide realtime monitoring and tracking of each account. While it may not be apparent to an end-user, this business has high costs to provide the service we do. Free resets and services to a customer still cost the business money. It's not our position to comment on other firms policies but I can say that our system doesn't "immediately" fail you.

This all said, it does sound like this has been a recurring issue for you. I would advise that you take advantage of the fact that if you contact our customer support, they can lock down your contract size for you to help prevent this issue. We do what we can to help customers. If we started extending courtesy resets, it's hard for our staff to know what was an honest mistake versus purposeful behavior. Sticking to the rules helps us remove that decision-making process.

#54     Jan 24, 2020
  5. They had a sale for previous funded traders, the online platform since i still have a day job is better for me than remote logging into my laptop on my phone, not a live trailing drawdown is huge for me.

#55     Jan 24, 2020
    TRS likes this.
  6. That brings up yet another customer need to know while you can contact them to limit your contract size NOTE: this doesn't not prevent you from going over the allowed contract size the limits apply to each symbol not the account so if you trade multiple symbols NQ and ES or whatever your max contract size will be allowed on all the symbols you trade.

#56     Jan 24, 2020
  7. trade2020

trade2020

Hi I had some questions regarding the E2T Mini Gauntlet program

1) If you take the $100K mini-gauntlet and pass and get your offer for the funded account. Once the trader is trading in that funded account shows consistency in trading profits over time do you have any pre-set parameters (such as SMB Capital below) that you go by to significantly increase the funding available to the trader (i.e. the max daily loss limit and the max drawdown limit) such as the ones found on SMB capital who offers to increase initial drawdown from $3,000 to $6,000 based on hitting profit targets and then for 6 months of consistency offers to raise the max drawdown to $25,000 with a custom daily loss limit.

SMB Capital's futures program (like FTMO's in forex https://ftmo.com/en/welcome/#maximum-loss) is not a trailing drawdown so it does not require the trader to leave profits in the account in order to grow their max drawdown

https://smbcapital.lpages.co/smb-futures-proprietary-trading/

SMB Capital FUNDED TRADER DETAILS

Welcome to the team. You've earned it. Now what?

Trade our capital. We take all the downside risk, and you get 50% of the profits.

Trade remotely, or join our desk in NYC.

Build consistency as you develop and hone your skills. Keep putting in the work. Get world-class coaching and mentoring. Participate in daily trader meetings. Be a teammate to other traders.

Trade bigger as you progress. Earn a max drawdown of $25k or more.

JUNIOR TRADER

Trade remotely or on our NYC desk

Level I - Starting out:

• $1,000 daily loss limit
    • $3,000 max drawdown

Level II - after reaching $6,000 net profits as Jr. Trader:

• $1,500 daily loss limit
    • $6,000 max drawdown
    SENIOR TRADER

After 6 months of consistency as a Level II Junior Trader:

• Custom daily loss limit
    • $25,000 max drawdown

#57     Feb 21, 2020
  8. trade2020

trade2020

Also another question is if you pass the mini gauntlet and already have an existing live trading account with a firm that has a rithmic data feed do I still have to pay $105/month for the data with a funded account with your funding firm Helios or can I use the existing Rithmic data feed with another firm

#58     Feb 22, 2020
  9. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

Sorry for the delay - we don't actively monitor any threads other than the ones we started!

This would be a question for Helios. You can reach Helios at traders@heliostp.com

#59     Feb 25, 2020
  10. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

If you have Rithmic, Rithmic can usually pair the two feeds so you only have to pay once.

#60     Feb 25, 2020