my equity curve

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by cashmoney69, May 7, 2007.

1. HLB

HLB

Here is my equity curve.
    The absolute $ numbers are wrong, I just adjusted it for deposits/withdrawals.
    Had 55% DD, until recovered.
    This is my 3rd take to trade futures, blown 2 small accounts before, first of $6K, then of $15K.
    Critics and suggestions are welcome.

HLB

#11     May 8, 2007
  2. I didn't have a stop..not to my knowledge...I don't even know what the set up was that told me to short. Classic newb for ya :D . Had I waited to short 3 weeks later, I'd be a different story.

#12     May 8, 2007
  3. Looks like you had a rough start, but you turned it around it seems.

#13     May 8, 2007
  4. What instruments are you trading?? It looks like your equity curve was unaffected by the Feb 27 equities "dip" if we can call it that

#14     May 8, 2007
  5. I'm not actually a big advocate of stops or anything, but was just trying to figure out if you had a plan which "changed during the trade" eg had an initial stop then violated your own rules..

#15     May 8, 2007
  6. HLB

HLB

I trade mostly: 6E, NQ, YM, QG, QM, RB and HSI

Before the dip I was short NQ, but covered too soon and averaged down into long. But because I trade also energy futures and euro it was OK I guess.

#16     May 8, 2007
  7. cashmoney69 "I think we'd all be better traders if we actually saw the 100 dollar bills being burned in front of our faces ."

I agree, an occasional reality check is useful. I actually have $20 bills littering my apartment floor to remind me not to throw away money on silly trades. :)

GC

#17     May 8, 2007