My energy trades

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by TraDaToR, Jun 15, 2018.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Short NG Nov/Dec/Jan butterfly @ -0.003.

- This one is close to get positive which is highly unusual. It might simply be that the curve has to adjust to the last few up days in the front months.
    - I understand that it can end up positive in the last month or so before expiry, but we are still far from october and there is a little short seasonal window before.

#21     Aug 9, 2018
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Why natural gas forward curve so inverted right now( '18 to '21 )? I get inventories are really low but production is also at record high. Early weather forecasts for next winter are mild.

Any insights about the long term picture compared to the last 5 years?

#22     Aug 10, 2018
  3. Do you execute the fly as an exchange traded contract or do you leg the spreads?

#23     Aug 11, 2018
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

This one I placed it in the butterfly market.

#24     Aug 11, 2018
  5. Is there implied pricing in the fly market?

#25     Aug 12, 2018
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I haven't checked , but one year ago it wasn't the case. MMs are simply posting a spread where the implieds would be . It is the case in the grains but not energy.

#26     Aug 13, 2018
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Anybody knows why RBOB Gasoline is dropping after a larger than anticipated draw?

#27     Aug 15, 2018
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I just read some opinions about the consequences of brexit on Brent. Apparently, given the current Brexit talks, the UK will be left "alone" next march tariff-wise. So any Brent importing country with no special tariff agreement will apply standard tariffs on UK crudes. It should depreciate Brent prices to the point that a discount to WTI can become common in the coming years. Thoughts?

#28     Aug 26, 2018
  9. Visaria

Visaria

Interesting if correct....haven't traded wti/brent spread in years...need to start looking.

#29     Aug 26, 2018
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR